Flysurfer cronix

Forum for kitesurfers
DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Flysurfer cronix

Postby DrLightWind » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:09 pm

DrLightWind wrote:so far what I think the Cronix is creating an impression of an Old Gutless Typewriter :lol:

Because the Colon & Characters are missing :naughty: :smash: :jump:
14ToeSide wrote:Correct! We will C
I see too much "C" :wink:

on this old "Typewriter"

Pumpy, have you flown it yet or you'll be the first independent test rider :?:

DrLW

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:36 pm

H53Driver wrote:I love my foil because I don't need to pump or deal with bladder/valve issues. As long as I keep up with the rigging it works every time.

I love my two inflatos, they handle great, self launch and land are a snap and the rigging is so simple.

But to make a kite with the headache of leaky valves and bladders and combine it with the headache of complex bridles and mixer adjustments...........well it makes no sense to me :-?

I'd hardly call them complex bridles. But I see your point. It was so good not having to pump but alas wasnt so good on the water. yeh I'd love to try one for sure but at that price I would doubt many or any Aussie retailers would go for it. or indeed have a bunch of demos.

Unless they are really something! Here's to hoping.

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:59 pm

DrLightWind wrote: Pumpy, have you flown it yet or you'll be the first independent test rider :?:
DrLW
Pumpy :dumbo: doesn't multitask. He doesn't ride, he only rants from his keyboard :anonym:

It's over a decade ago since he was last spotted on a beach.
Last edited by alexrider on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:04 am

Self launch pin seems interesting. So when you put tension on the bridles, it pulls the pin?

Although, for me, the whole reason for having a system like this would be to make sure nothing is tangled before you launch. If you start pulling tension on the bridle and then see something is tangled, have you already pulled the pin out? Or is it partially out and you start walking to you (over $2000) kite and it flys off without you? Will definitely be interesting to see in action.

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:39 am

Pump me up wrote:
alexrider wrote:
Dave_5280 wrote:Waiting for PMU's post on this one.
IGNORE THE LIES AND EXAGGERATIONS OF THE LESSER KITE. CRONIX ARE AERODYNAMICALLY INFERIOR TO RAM AIRS AND NOTHING CAN CHANGE THIS. :jump: :jump: :jump:

pmu :dumbo:
Congrat's to Flysurfer for finally acknowledging the superiority of inflatables :thumb: :bye: :allbegood: !!

Along with other famous ram companies such as Ozone, Blade, and Peter Lynn, Flysurfer have finally realised the superiority of inflatables :remybussi:

Similar to ALL pro and amateur riders, once they taste the superior performance of inflatable kites, they never go back!

Keep on pumping :bye:

PS: If anyone would like me to list the reasons for the superiority of inflatables, please just say the word. :naughty:
It's interesting now to look back on some of the PROPAGANDA promulgated by ram air companies, e.g. the lies and exaggerations of the U.S. Flysurfer importer, Ted Bautista: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11619 . Flysurfer's decision to produce inflatables means that Ted's claims, ridiculous as they were back then, are now completely disproven.

Pumpy ................. :pump:

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:19 am

Yes we are all aware of your thorough list in the past on why ram airs aren't as good as LEI's.

It depends Pump me up and I see no purpose to bagging the ram kites crew use...I have seen some excellent riders doing better than average things on ram airs.

I used to ride them and persisted long after they nearly fell off the face of the earth over here unless for really light wind. But I still won't say out and out they shouldn't be used.

Some people want different things.

But then again to make an argument than ram airs are better, if that is the case, then for sure you need to balance the argument.

I think most of us who have been around a while are at least a bit interested in this kite.

Although I'm not one bit interested in the price. Stupid, stupid entry level price for a first gen kite.

Marketing stupidity. Get crea on them first, let it build momentum. If they are this much better than the other LEI's then crew might consider the cost difference.

Thing is at that price as I said I don't know any Aussie retailers who want to wear that price and take that risk holding very expensive gear that might not sell, when they can move well known lei brands. Stupid.

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:40 pm

Westozzy wrote:Rode foils for years, worst decision I ever made. Held back my kiting for a good half a decade.
Westozzy - don't want to have a go at you, because you actually sound like a good bloke. But this is what you said about ram airs in 2012.

Cheers,

Pumpy................... :pump:

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:19 pm

Got off foils in 2007, tried again briefly in 2010...oh boy!

yeh man I totaly agree with your point of view pump me up. The Percent riders on each type tells the story without us plying out what is obvious.

Just saying, not sure we want the old foil/LEI slag match starting up, that's all. But again, I can't get over that price. f*** me.

Let's leave the angst to the epic threads...damn that's a corker, been following it? cracks me up! :D

zob
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grado Pineta (IT), Fossalon (IT)
Style: Freeride, strapless hooked-in
Gear: FS S3 19m2 DLX, S3 CE 12m2 DLX & S4 8m2 DLX
Homemade Surf & Snow Boards
MBS Pro90

Postby zob » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Westozzy wrote:The Percent riders on each type tells the story without us plying out what is obvious.
You said it :wink: Pretty obvious!
Westozzy wrote:But again, I can't get over that price. f*** me.
One thing is to trie it, other is to buy it. I don't know what are you all bitching about, they are cheaper than Speeds :lol:

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:31 pm

Yep we need to move on from the foil/lei debate.

I have one foil and 4 lei's. To be blunt the lei's are better on the water without a doubt. The foils win for landkiting. Any way horses for courses.

Lets watch a little cronix reverse launch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SxgRlzG ... e=youtu.be

Return to “Kitesurfing”