Forum for kitesurfers
JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: fone new quick release problem

Postby JGTR » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:32 am

elliott george wrote:
Slulfefly wrote:sorry but this happen to mi friend, not open!!! lucky he ok! why should he ly? I think better to warn other!
no business just help!
This man has brought up a valid argument and the QR does look like a very poor engineering soloution.

But this slulfely strickes me as slightly suspicious, how could some one spell 'buisiness' correctly and then spell 'mi' and 'ly' incorrectly. Maybe he is just trying to slander a company?!?!
Are you for real?? Hey why am I even taking you seriously - you can't spell "surely" and "business" correctly :lol:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:46 am

Might be slender might be true.
Looking at the picture I can see a problem as well.
If you have one shot and this happens, there is a problem.
I don' know if in panic you really remember how this QR has to be activated in a correct way.

I think Fone should go with the flow and get a pushup release, like the majority, doing their part to make the sport safer by having one type of release.

RichardM
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Northern Orange County
All Los Angeles County
All Ventura County
Some Santa Barbara County
Brand Affiliation: Malibu Kitesurfing
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
The BEST way to learn kitesurfing !
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby RichardM » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:14 pm

If I remember correctly, this is an antique design used by Bump and Jump a long time ago.

Although I never have used Fone's, I still have an old B&J CL somewhere. It was a much worse design than most modern systems. Besides having to pull the release toward you (probably while on top of it), the velcro mess sometimes would snag on some spreader bars.

When I saw the Fone system at an event a couple of months ago, I could not believe that anyone still used such an obsolete system.

Additionally, I dislike QRs which prefer operation by one hand or the other in case the preferred hand is disabled.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET

Return to “Kitesurfing”