Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish Park vs. Ride

Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Park vs. Ride

Postby tautologies » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:46 pm

lander wrote:Which of them will have the best hangtime ? Taout or anyone else - do you have an input on this ?
Between the ride and park I'm not entirely sure..both nice..I'm thinking ride might have the edge in hangtime...but it'll be close. I had a tt session on the 11 ride..very nice jumper.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:34 pm

To add to that..my comparison is not one to one. I have not ridden them back to back in the ame sizes.

I think the ride has a bit more low end, but that the park tuns faster...I went upwind like crazy on the park...I have not done a lot of jumping on the park yet though..so that I'll leave until I get more sessions on it. :-)

What are the winds you re looking to use it? These are both really nice kites IMO. Park a bit more hard-core. I have several buddies that swear to the Ride...and several that swear to the Park. All of them are wave riders.

lander
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby lander » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:37 pm

The winds the kite has to do its job in would be at 16-20 knots and kite size 8-10

For those who likes lofty jumps on tt (35%), crusing upwind and downwind on a freeracer (35%) and a bit of wave riding mostly strapped (30%). What kite would do the job best between the Park and the Ride ?

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:43 pm

lander wrote:The winds the kite has to do its job in would be at 16-20 knots and kite size 8-10

For those who likes lofty jumps on tt (35%), crusing upwind and downwind on a freeracer (35%) and a bit of wave riding mostly strapped (30%). What kite would do the job best between the Park and the Ride ?
I'm no Naish expert, but if your number 1 and number 2 requirements are lofty jumps + freerace riding (and hangtime from your previous post), sounds like you would like the Naish Draft (or similar kites from other brands).

For waves though, I'd imagine the Draft would not perform as well as the Park or the Ride.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:06 pm

I gotta agree with Dave here...I think you might consider the Draft...it will work for down the line riding when you leave the kite. For insane hangtime in that wind..the 12 would be killer :-)

However if the choice is between ride and park I would say Park for the use you are describing. I have yet to try this years park with a raceboard, but last years was the first who really worked well with a raceboard IMO. Ride does not appeal too much to me for a raceboard, though I love it in the waves..and it is a good jumper. Park is a bit more aggressive. :-)

Osprey1
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Golden Gardens, Richmond Beach, Double Bluff
Favorite Beaches: Double Bluff, The Hatchery, Damon Point
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish, Board Riding Maui

Postby Osprey1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:43 pm

Having ridden both kites I'd say that the Park definitely jumps and goes unhooked better. When unhooking on the Ride, the kite just doesn't give you quite as much ummmph (pop) in the take off. Moreover it sits too forward in the window for wakestyle tricks. Also I definitely think the ride doesn't give you the height that the Park gives on boosted jumps and the Torch goes bigger than both.

However,I do like the 7m Ride better than the 7m Park for surf. In the bigger sizes the Park wins every time. But if you just like to cruise around than the Ride is a good choice.

tony montana
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works

Postby tony montana » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Got a few waveriding sessions on my naish rides gen2 10 and 14 meter,good strapped and strapless kites,solid kites no fluttering,eats gusts,good upwind,loads power for sizes,jumps and float great,easy kite to time in waves,great drift, for me better than parks,i would rate these kites as one of the best wavekites ive used,cant help tt only waveride,TONY

lander
Frequent Poster

Postby lander » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:26 am

I also use the ride for strapless in the waves when riding a 6 m. And draft in the bigger sizes. But in the middle sizes where it had to do a little of everything I was thinking about park. But havnt made up my mind yet...

tony montana
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works

Postby tony montana » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:28 pm

Came off water on 10 ride over powered back out on 8 park slightly underpowered,not much overlap here,seems ride has more power,glad i went for 10 over 11 meter,going to try light bar setting on ride next session anybody tried,TONY

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:53 am

tony montana wrote:Came off water on 10 ride over powered back out on 8 park slightly underpowered,not much overlap here,seems ride has more power,glad i went for 10 over 11 meter,going to try light bar setting on ride next session anybody tried,TONY
That is surprising to me. I rode the 8 when people were on anything from 10 to 8 and I was perfectly fine on the 8. This is a 2014 8 you are talking about?
That said I do think the Ride has more power...

Return to “Kitesurfing”