Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

PKRA Marsala: Pulido wins, Pastor and Zoon Share First

Postby Toby » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:23 pm

PKRA News:

Pulido wins, Pastor and Zoon Share First

1 pkra.jpg
The last day of the waiting period of the Marsala Freestyle World Cup brought light winds and a beautiful closing ceremony. The skippers meeting started at twelve o’clock with the intentions of finishing the single elimination and starting the double. The wind never came up, but the afternoon was pleasant and the award ceremony was started at 5. Gisela won her second consecutive event and took the points lead on the tour and Youri Zoon and Alex Pastor shared the first place.

The event had two great days of wind and when the spot was on, it was amazing. The flat waters of the lagoon of Stagnone, with its constant wind, make it a perfect freestyle spot. We saw many amazing tricks like the blind judge 5, 317, KGB 5 and many more flawlessly executed handle passes. Liam Whaley had the highest heat total(38.39) and score for a single trick BJ5(8.53). We can say that the conditions along with the best freestylers in the world made the sport look amazing.

“I am very happy to finish on the podium, this was my goal for the year and hope to make many more” - Christophe Tack

The atmosphere at the event site was great for the whole week, with many activities being offered to the riders and spectators. The evening party at the Floria Winery was amazing, with DJ’s and a great dinner. The Italian culture and lifestyle goes perfectly with a high performance kite event. All the riders were stocked about the conditions; they just wished they would have had a chance to come back in the double.

“I am very happy to win on my 13m kite, I am more used to the Tarifa winds, I am also happy to take the points lead and will not face Bruna in the semifinal next event”- Gisela Pulido

The next freestyle event will be in Sankt Peter-Ording, Germany on July 12, 2013. The race for first place for the women is heating up again, between Gisela and Karolina. Alex pastor has been dominating this year, he has not lost a heat in 2013, will someone be able to challenge him?

Results:

Women

1. Gisela Pulido(ESP)
2. Karolina Winkoska(POL)
3. Bruna Kajiya(BRA)
4. Annabel Van Weterop(ARU)

Men

1. Alex Pastor(ESP)
2. Youri Zoon(NED)
3. Christophe Tack(BL)
4. Marc Jacobs(NZL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgN1cnMn9fg