All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Aboards 2014 Z-series
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:00 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi guys,

new around, as i found no information on french sites!
Here is my question :

i had a Z in 2008, in 136.
I changed it in 2010 for a new Z one that i loved and kept until last year.
I loved the confort, the upwind ability, the low wind planning (better than many 140 or more boards) and the pop.
i tried many boards during all these years, without finding one with all these positive points (i liked the Trax 4, but not as good for light wind, and Goldenboard, but a bit less confort , and more freestyle maybe).
But last year, as i could not find a new Aboard Z to test where i live, and as i wanted to change, i took a nobile T5, which i tested and rather liked...
But one year after, i really miss my Z and want to buy one! (planning in low wind, and upwind ability are not as good)

So my question to those who know the board : still perfect for an "old free rider who just like old school style"? I read in this post that it lost 500 gr from the beginning...has it lost something else ? thanks for your return.
If people know the X one, (i liked it as well , even if less my style), curious to know the evolution as well from the beginning, and how it changed as the W appeared since.
Merci à tous !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:47 am 
Medium Poster

I use 2012 Z-series 136 for a while and I have so much fun progressing with it that year .... I think is very good as all-around board that I would recommend to people that start learning tricks and would like some rocker to help them with that .... I also have 2013 Z 136 now that I really did not have chance to ride since I start riding 2013 X-series 134... I love that board ... Extra pop and a bit more aggressive then Z .... Definitely my favored from all boards that I have tried . Now my new 2014 X arrived ... did not have chance to ride it much ... It has more rocker then 2013 and different grab handle and I love new look ...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:55 pm 
Rare Poster

Compaired to the 2010 Z-series the 2014 has gained 1 cm in width.
That gives a better feel and stabitlity when landing full speed, chop handeling and an overall smoother feeling.

For upwind ability the Z is still " best in class"

Pop is still the same as ever, so very good.

If you liked the 2010 you will like the 2014 very much I think.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:40 pm 
Rare Poster

Love my Z series. Check out my last video from my kite trip to Greece last month riding on Z series.
Go for the 2014 model.Small changes every year but totally worth it.
George B. http://vimeo.com/79958734

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:48 pm 
Rare Poster

Thank you guys!
Kober, i m sure X must be great, as it was already a very good one 4 years ago, but as i can t test, i think i will stay on the Z!
Koen, i folow you. As it is larger, the planing in low wind must be better as well.

Great! It sounds as i order my new Z 2014 this week end! First time in my life i buy a new one!...

Thx guys, i will keep you inform of my feelings!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:49 pm 
Rare Poster

And zik, nice video, it makes me think of my hollidays in south italia, in my family : i ride alone on a paradise sea, every day with the thermic!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:14 pm 
Rare Poster

Ok guys, i received my new z , in 136, and i tasted it twice : just wonderful!
First sight and first feeling when i received it : very very nice, and definitly lighter when handle. Pads seemed very confortable.

First try : light wind (10 to 13 knots, with my 12 rebel) : wonderfull feeling like with my old one, but the 1cm larger help really. I cannot say it was a wonderfull session, as the wind was light, but very intersting to test the board...and i think i m going to sell my old north phantom light board, as the Z is enough.

Second try, classic 18 knots with my 12 rebel again, and i confirm : this is the best allround board i ever tested! I definitly donnot understand why people buy other boards? :) i could say a lot about this board, but i would only say : test it!

Cheerz guys,
Tomorrow to cold, but windy, it will be mountainboard on the beach, with my mbs, sorry my Z!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:14 am 
Medium Poster

Frenchi ........ glad you like it ... don't forget to try X when you ready for some aggression .... lol ...

zik46 .... awesome vid ....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:55 pm 
Frequent Poster

Wish they named them differently! I can never which is which lol :o xyz ?

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3