All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wetsuit for Kiteboarding and SUP surfing
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:41 am 
Frequent Poster

I split time based on conditions between kiting and SUP surfing. Right now, I have a Hyperflex Amp K 5/3 which has 2 seasons on it, and has torn on the legs. I ride all year, and the coldest conditions are probably 50 degree water, 40's air temp.

I'm looking for something a bit lighter, but still warm, and I don't care if it's a back zip or what.

Any suggestions?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Wetsuit for Kiteboarding and SUP surfing
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:49 am 
Frequent Poster

SURF NAKED IT BRINGS OUT THE COLOR IN YOUR CHEEKS

on a serious note you may want to consider a drysuit- I don't have much experience with a drysuit since I only use wetsuits because I do lots of standard surfing, but it must be more comfortable and warmer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 am 
Very Frequent Poster

switch do wetsuit if they got them in stock i think - direct kind of pricing....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:05 am 
Medium Poster

I do the same, but spend more time kiting then SUP and in the dead of it, im out in 35 water and 35 air. I've had a lot of different brands of wetsuits in the past. Currently we are selling Mystic wetsuits. They are standard with the rest of the companies. What I find is the more high-end wetsuits have more mobility, flex and more overall comfort and internal softness. However they lack in durability due to the cushy neoprene materials. The mystic Majestic is the high-end suit the 5/4 back zip retails about 400 and is super soft super comfortable and you would never think you got on 5/4. The low-end 5/4 is the star (retail 200); this suit is more of an itchy neoprene and is not as cushy but is more durable in my opinion. I recommend the star for beginners who are going to treat things a little more roughly and the black star or majestic for guys looking for something a little more soft.

And like mentioned you could always do a Ocean Rodeo Soul dry suit...which i got it stock this year and look forward to trying. Check out www.AtlanticKiteboarding.com for more info...possible discounts for forum members.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:05 am 
Medium Poster

I do the same, but spend more time kiting then SUP and in the dead of it, im out in 35 water and 35 air. I've had a lot of different brands of wetsuits in the past. Currently we are selling Mystic wetsuits. They are standard with the rest of the companies. What I find is the more high-end wetsuits have more mobility, flex and more overall comfort and internal softness. However they lack in durability due to the cushy neoprene materials. The mystic Majestic is the high-end suit the 5/4 back zip retails about 400 and is super soft super comfortable and you would never think you got on 5/4. The low-end 5/4 is the star (retail 200); this suit is more of an itchy neoprene and is not as cushy but is more durable in my opinion. I recommend the star for beginners who are going to treat things a little more roughly and the black star or majestic for guys looking for something a little more soft.

And like mentioned you could always do a Ocean Rodeo Soul dry suit...which i got it stock this year and look forward to trying. Check out www.AtlanticKiteboarding.com for more info...possible discounts for forum members.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:51 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Cold water and real cold wind - id go NP smooth skin

[ 6 posts ]