Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Wetsuit for Kiteboarding and SUP surfing

forum for kitesurfers

adamj2281
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Charleston, SC - Folly Beach
Favorite Beaches: Folly Beach, Sullivan's Island, Wrightsville Beach, Playa Avellanas, Barker's, GC, East End, St. Croix,VI
Style: Surf mostly, boost
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Razor 8/10m, Flite 14.5m
Ocean Rodeo Mako Duke
Nobile 2HD
Brand Affiliation: None

Wetsuit for Kiteboarding and SUP surfing

Postby adamj2281 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:41 am

I split time based on conditions between kiting and SUP surfing. Right now, I have a Hyperflex Amp K 5/3 which has 2 seasons on it, and has torn on the legs. I ride all year, and the coldest conditions are probably 50 degree water, 40's air temp.

I'm looking for something a bit lighter, but still warm, and I don't care if it's a back zip or what.

Any suggestions?

darippah
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Nj
Style: Freestyle, Strapless waves
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Wetsuit for Kiteboarding and SUP surfing

Postby darippah » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:49 am

SURF NAKED IT BRINGS OUT THE COLOR IN YOUR CHEEKS

on a serious note you may want to consider a drysuit- I don't have much experience with a drysuit since I only use wetsuits because I do lots of standard surfing, but it must be more comfortable and warmer

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Style: Fast, anti lawnmower.
Gear: Wipika Freeair 8.5 2 liner and Picklefork.
Brand Affiliation: iansmusic.com - free music for your kite videos

Postby longwhitecloud » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 am

switch do wetsuit if they got them in stock i think - direct kind of pricing....

IanNJ
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Brigantine NJ
Favorite Beaches: Brigantine, LBI, Kite Island NJ, Caberate, Hatteras
Style: Wave/freestyle
Gear: Currently rocking a 12/10/8 CORE GTS3 for waves and wake. Cabrinha Velocity 13/10/7 for Foil.
Boards: LF 139 Element with LFK boots and no fins, SlingShot/MHL NF2 Strapless Foil, CORE Ripper 2 5'10", Cabrinha Secrete weapon 5'10", Slingshot 5'6" Angry Swallow
Brand Affiliation: www.NewJerseyKiteboarding.com and www.GreenHatKiteboarding.com

Postby IanNJ » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:05 am

I do the same, but spend more time kiting then SUP and in the dead of it, im out in 35 water and 35 air. I've had a lot of different brands of wetsuits in the past. Currently we are selling Mystic wetsuits. They are standard with the rest of the companies. What I find is the more high-end wetsuits have more mobility, flex and more overall comfort and internal softness. However they lack in durability due to the cushy neoprene materials. The mystic Majestic is the high-end suit the 5/4 back zip retails about 400 and is super soft super comfortable and you would never think you got on 5/4. The low-end 5/4 is the star (retail 200); this suit is more of an itchy neoprene and is not as cushy but is more durable in my opinion. I recommend the star for beginners who are going to treat things a little more roughly and the black star or majestic for guys looking for something a little more soft.

And like mentioned you could always do a Ocean Rodeo Soul dry suit...which i got it stock this year and look forward to trying. Check out www.AtlanticKiteboarding.com for more info...possible discounts for forum members.

IanNJ
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Brigantine NJ
Favorite Beaches: Brigantine, LBI, Kite Island NJ, Caberate, Hatteras
Style: Wave/freestyle
Gear: Currently rocking a 12/10/8 CORE GTS3 for waves and wake. Cabrinha Velocity 13/10/7 for Foil.
Boards: LF 139 Element with LFK boots and no fins, SlingShot/MHL NF2 Strapless Foil, CORE Ripper 2 5'10", Cabrinha Secrete weapon 5'10", Slingshot 5'6" Angry Swallow
Brand Affiliation: www.NewJerseyKiteboarding.com and www.GreenHatKiteboarding.com

Postby IanNJ » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:05 am

I do the same, but spend more time kiting then SUP and in the dead of it, im out in 35 water and 35 air. I've had a lot of different brands of wetsuits in the past. Currently we are selling Mystic wetsuits. They are standard with the rest of the companies. What I find is the more high-end wetsuits have more mobility, flex and more overall comfort and internal softness. However they lack in durability due to the cushy neoprene materials. The mystic Majestic is the high-end suit the 5/4 back zip retails about 400 and is super soft super comfortable and you would never think you got on 5/4. The low-end 5/4 is the star (retail 200); this suit is more of an itchy neoprene and is not as cushy but is more durable in my opinion. I recommend the star for beginners who are going to treat things a little more roughly and the black star or majestic for guys looking for something a little more soft.

And like mentioned you could always do a Ocean Rodeo Soul dry suit...which i got it stock this year and look forward to trying. Check out www.AtlanticKiteboarding.com for more info...possible discounts for forum members.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Style: Fast, anti lawnmower.
Gear: Wipika Freeair 8.5 2 liner and Picklefork.
Brand Affiliation: iansmusic.com - free music for your kite videos

Postby longwhitecloud » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:51 am

Cold water and real cold wind - id go NP smooth skin

Return to “Kitesurfing”