westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites 4G

Postby soul19 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:52 pm

Definitely a great job to have but in the same breath could also be quite the pain. The issue would always have to be working no matter what. I can only imagine all the deadlines, shipping, product development, emails, clients and dealers etc.... would get tiring at times. I need the reprieve from my work from time to time as it helps from feeling burnt out (Paramedic). UKSURF definitely hit the nail on the head with the amount of roles that you do within your own business! The upside is that you have a job that enables you to do something that most kiters would give a nut for (well almost as I am quite attached to my nuts...literally :lol: ).

James

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay

Postby soul19 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:54 pm

Now having spent time in dialing in the 3G screamer 10m Ltd, I am curious to the improvements that are made in the 4G version. From what I understand is that the 4G has better high end but at what cost to the amazing low end of the 3G version? The handling of the 3G is what really sold me on Epic kites and has that been affected by the changes made in the new 10m Ltd? I find that the 10m is by far one of the best kites that I have used and don't really know how it can be improved on. The low end is key for anyone who rides here in Ontario as the winds can be quite light during the summer and I really like how I can ride the 10 when others are on bigger kites. When this kite is in its range (for me that is 15kts to 25kts) than it makes for great riding. I find that it shares so many attributes to the Judge that going from either kite seems effortless. I guess what I am nervous about the new 10m is that it will be too far removed from what I really like about the previous model.....

James

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:05 pm

Hello soul19.
Please send me your address so I can send you the INFINITY V3, SCREAMER 12 and JUDGE 9 (prototype) kite + the new BAR for you and any one else in your aria that would like to demo them and see what they think about these kites. I can only give you 10 days for the demos. Then I will need them back so I can send them to to other kiters that want to demo them.

P.S. I have tried to PM you but it is not working some how.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
little current
westbay

Postby soul19 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:32 pm

I have replied back via PM and also put up both my email address's. I don't get your emails or the PM's.

James

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com

Postby KiteCulture » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:03 pm

i'm kind of finding that the S10 is my one kite quiver! Seems to have that much range. In the snow, I can ride upwind and small jumps in 10 knots. On the high side I can take it to about 20 knots. The sweet spot though is (for me) the 16 knot area. For reference, I'm 145 lbs, the 10 knots is on snow. Water, I'd be upwind in 13 knots with power.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:13 pm

Hello soul19.
I just sent you via Fed Ex the INFINITY V3 + BAR for you to demo.
Make sure to test it in (3 to 5 knots) first and see how the kite behave in such light breeze. Then test it in (7 to 10 knots) and then you can test it in (12 to 18 knots) if you want but again if you are between 145 to 220 lbs (7 to 11 knots) is perfect for this kite.
Also make sure to let every one else you know test the INFINITY V3 kite and see what they have to say.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
little current
westbay

Postby soul19 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:09 am

Hey Dimitri that is greatly appreciated! Looking forward to putting the infinity through its paces and seeing how well this kite gets a 200 pounder going in light winds! I have a few people that are eager to get on this kite. Thanks again!

James

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:55 pm

This is the new video of the RENEGADE 13 LTD V3 (4G).
DSC_0077.jpg
At Epic, we always listen to our customers, take their feedback and do something positive with it. And this is what we are all about. A lot of people fell in love with the Renegade kites, but wanted us to further explore something larger than the 11 meter. We took this suggestion to heart and few years ago introduced the RENEGADE 13 LTD few years ago and since then we have been pushing the envelop trying to make it even better. It was designed with the same characteristics and detail that made the INFINITY V3 so popular. So in few words the RENEGADE 13 LTD is the mini "Infinity". Riders will enjoy the light wind ability and fantastic low end to get you on plane.

The RENEGADE 13 ltd is also a kite that is extremely stable in the air, speedy flight and has loads of power. Whether you surf, teach or simply looking to get out and have fun on the light days, the RENEGADE 13 ltd will deliver this for you. Now what makes the new RENEGADE 13 LTD V3 better then the V2!!!! Well don't take me wrong both of these version are really nice but, with the V3 R13 Momi and I were able to make the kite turn a little faster then the previous version and give it a little more hang time then the previous R13 ltd "V2". So if you had the chance to own or test the RENEGADE 13 LTD "V2" and like it... well you are going to love the new and improve RENEGADE 13 LTD "V3".

YOUTUBE:

VIMEO:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:19 am

This is the review the SBC KITEBOARD mag did on few kite brands including the SCREAMER 12 and the SURF 12 (4G) from www.epickites.com.
Attachments
SBC KITEBOARD 2014 gear test.png
S12 4G.jpg
DSC_0007 2.jpg
GPV_Epic_682013-0123.jpg
DSC_0029 3.jpg
photo 4.jpg
SURF 12m.jpg
DSC_0006 1.jpg
GPV_Epic_682013-0080 - Version 3.jpg
DSC_0011.jpg
DSC_0101 2.jpg

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Westozzy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:33 am

Righto let's see this screamer in the red bull king of the air comp next year hey! :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”