Forum for kitesurfers
superpak101
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites 4G

Postby superpak101 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:21 am

I saw a Facebook post on the new Screamers. When are they coming out? What changes are you looking to make?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:03 pm

Hello superpack101.
We are still working on the SCREAMER models trying to make them better than the 4G models.
But to tell you the truth we are having a hard time because what we have right now it's so good.
Once I get more info about the SCREAMER models will post it on Facebook and once we are ready will post it on the KiteForum.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:11 pm

Our Blast / Epic sponsored rider / good friend / top lad just dropped this little video from his time in WA

https://vimeo.com/120292029

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:00 pm

If you are into kiteboarding and you are looking for a kids kite, or bar, or board or harness... well EPICKITES is the only kite company that makes these items for kids.
There is no greater pleasure than being outdoors and doing something you love with the ones that love you. And by doing so, you want to keep your kids safe, and so do we. Check the new JUNIOR PRO 4 & 8.

VIMEO:

YOUTUBE:

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:59 pm

Down at "Woodies" Perth Australia yesterday and bumped into your team rider Tom Butler :)

Earlier in the afternoon I was playing the "Loopy" game on my 9m Screamer, dream flat water behind the sandbar and 25knots..

Ive been wanting to demo the 4g 7m Screamer for awhile, as the old 2011 7m I had - was crap..
Tom had set up his new 7m Screamer on the beach, just as i was coming in to leave and he was more than happy to let me do a Quick Demo.

As soon as it was in the air I could feel the difference and a little beach hop confirmed it has real lift potential. On the run out, nice and stable parked. On the run in, a high jump, kite stable at the top... the 2nd jump and good gust - big horizontal loop, very smooth and fast going around n up - still plenty of height and time to downloop for a soft landing, before handing back to Tom.

A 5 minute demo on one awesome 7m kite, that I now want for our stormy 30+ knot weather :thumb:

When is the 5G 7m going to be released ??????????????????????????????

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so you liked the SCREAMER 7 (4G) model Mr. ShaveTheWhales :thumb:
As you can see from the pictures bellow, we are still working on finalizing our 5G prototypes. The 5G SCREAMERS should be out this summer.
Attachments
444A5785.jpg
444A6665 (1).jpg
_Z5A0464.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 6.43.37 PM.png
444A6881.jpg
_Z5A1532.jpg
444A6996.jpg
444A7108 (1).jpg
444A6838.jpg

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windsuks » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:22 am

ShaveTheWhales wrote:Down at "Woodies" Perth Australia yesterday and bumped into your team rider Tom Butler :)

Earlier in the afternoon I was playing the "Loopy" game on my 9m Screamer, dream flat water behind the sandbar and 25knots..

Ive been wanting to demo the 4g 7m Screamer for awhile, as the old 2011 7m I had - was crap..
Tom had set up his new 7m Screamer on the beach, just as i was coming in to leave and he was more than happy to let me do a Quick Demo.

As soon as it was in the air I could feel the difference and a little beach hop confirmed it has real lift potential. On the run out, nice and stable parked. On the run in, a high jump, kite stable at the top... the 2nd jump and good gust - big horizontal loop, very smooth and fast going around n up - still plenty of height and time to downloop for a soft landing, before handing back to Tom.

A 5 minute demo on one awesome 7m kite, that I now want for our stormy 30+ knot weather :thumb:

When is the 5G 7m going to be released ??????????????????????????????
Ha glad Tom was able to help you with a demo, he's a top lad hey.....and he loves to loop big too.
He is one of our instructors (we sold him his first kite and taught him to kite) and a great ambassador for both us and Epic.

Can't wait to catch up with him on his return.

superpak101
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby superpak101 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:23 am

It's kind of funny. But there are virtually no images of the 5G Screamer in those posted pics. ;) Just saying... Lol.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windsuks » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:28 am

And I thank and applaud Epic for that. I remember the days when brands like Naish would release photos of the latest kites 6months before they'd arrive on the market, by which time they already seemed out if date as we'd seen so many pictures of them.

Epic only release a kite as and when it can improved and not every year to a fixed date. So, it will be released when it's ready.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:42 am

Poster: superpak101
It's kind of funny. But there are virtually no images of the 5G Screamer in those posted pics. ;) Just saying... Lol.
:lol: :lol: :lol: you are correct no pictures of the 5G kites yet. I just can't reveal all our secrets right now, but here is a pick of the SCREAMER model and our new SUP Inflatable boards.
Attachments
_Z5A1517 - Version 3.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 6.55.05 PM.jpg
DJI00314.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”