Forum for kitesurfers
L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites 4G

Postby L0KI » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:36 am

A few other details I forgot to mention:

The CL can be changed out with a hex wrench and a needle nose pliers in two minutes flat (I tried it).
The donkey dick comes off with the hex wrench and the CL comes easily with the pliers.
I like stuff that is easy to upkeep and repair.

The linesets being supplied now are the same great quality ones that were on my 2010 gear.
For the last couple of years many companies were using those crappy flecked linesets.
In another thread, Caesar was complaining about the clear boot/sleeve on his North lineset, he broke the line at the boot junction in three months.
It was the fault of the hard crappy boot but also the inferior flecked lineset, (and Caesar seems to be able to break anybody's product).
The boots on these linesets are the right material and will not have that problem.
Thankfully North and Epic and many others have gotten away from that junky lineset.

The ball for the single line release system goes into the double ring pictured below.
Wanted to provide a better pic showing the double welded ring.
If it were a single ring, it might be too weak.

I like the quality of the kook proof leaders supplied here, my Slingshot ones have always been junk.

The ring that allows you to clip your leash to it and still slide it over your loop for suicide is a catch up for Epic, but I'm glad they added it here.
DSCN0545.JPG
DSCN0544.JPG
DSCN0543.JPG
DSCN0546.JPG
DSCN0547.JPG

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:01 am

Hey oldnbroke :D

Nice bar review and great to see some detailed pics up close n personal... you Quote: "super manly man" :rollgrin:

As far as quick inflate valves go - bring it on :thumb: Especially the Infinity - people keep getting a little weird :nono: - when I ask to borrow a few of their children to pump it up for me :wink2:

Westozzy

yeah I think the Demos are goin to the team rider over here, so we will all get to have a little play on them... :)

EastCC
Medium Poster
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo - Australia

Postby EastCC » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:38 am

ShaveTheWhales wrote:Hey oldnbroke :D
Westozzy

yeah I think the Demos are goin to the team rider over here, so we will all get to have a little play on them... :)
Yep, and demo days are on Saturdays for the next 3 weeks:

- Saturday 16th @ Cottesloe - From 3pm onwards - http://goo.gl/maps/tVuaR
- Sat 22nd @ Rockingham - From 3pm - http://goo.gl/maps/692tU
- Sat 29th @ Mandurah or Leighton beach - From 3pm - http://goo.gl/maps/nOSDR

After that you can catch up with him and he'll get you sorted.....

Good times :D

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Thank you Oldnbroken for taking the time in writing up the 4G BAR review. I will be working on some of the inputs you mentioned in your post. Thank you.
This is the video of the 4G BAR in action. We are also coming out with the new 4G KIDS BAR so you can enjoy kiting with your kid.

YOUTUBE:

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby windsuks » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Just a heads up that we will be in N.E.Brazil for the next few weeks from this weekend coming, between Cumbucu,Paracaru,Jeri

If anyone would like to check the kites out just give us a shout on the beach, we will have Renegades and Screamers.

marc
info@blastkiteboarding.co.uk

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:32 pm

Who said you could not have fun in extremely light wind conditions in the waves. This is the INFINITY V3 light wind machine in action with the EPIC SUP 8'5" board. You decide the wind speed, all I can say it was incredibly light and difficult.
:thumb:

YOUTUBE:

VIMEO:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:40 pm

It's so nice to see in the kiteboarding magazine your 11 year old son Cameron Maramenides showing the boys what the JUDGE 6 is all about. I am sure every parent can relate to this.
:thumb:
Attachments
photo copy 2.jpg

Krazedkiter
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Krazedkiter » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:00 am

I have the 4G Chicken loop in hand. Please reference OldnBrokens picture 526 on page 29 of this thread.

The question I have is that you see how the depower rope loops around the swivel just above the quick release? This is how the depower rope connects to the CL portion. The problem I see and have is that that rope does not set flush inside that swivel piece and it prevents the quick release cover from pushing up far enough and over that rope area. This could ? prevent the quick release cover from moving up far enough and allowing the ball at the end of the chicken loop to release.

AM I doing or seeing something wrong?

Also, in another thread someone noticed the color of the swivel being white or black in different pictures. The answer I think was that one color represented the prototype and the other the final product. What color is that swivel supposed to be in the final product?

Thanks
Last edited by Krazedkiter on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:19 am

If you look at pic 539 and 519, you will see the cuff does not need to go high enough to be completely past the ball to release the loop.

Krazedkiter
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Krazedkiter » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:26 am

The stock photo on the Epic 4G website and just in consideration of the flow of this mechanism suggests this depower rope point should be flush enough for the cuff to push over it. I don't think it was intended for the depower rope to be the stopper on the cuff.

Return to “Kitesurfing”