Forum for kitesurfers
NicoFr
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites 4G

Postby NicoFr » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:51 am

I'm just back from 10 days of intensiv riding in Union Island with Dimitri and Helen, and I have to say, this company has deep solid roots and a really good spirit plus a few days resting during the way back were most appreciated...:D But today is time to go back in freezing water (9°C). Had really good time with both of them, here are a few pictures:
Attachments
444A80370303.JPG
444A76320303.JPG
Capture d’écran 2014-02-24 à 00.35.37.png

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:47 pm

So I guess NicoFr you need a vacation after spending 10 days with me on a demo/photo shoot in Union Island. It's amazing how many people did enjoy the kites. I actually had to sale all my 14 out of my 19 demo kites. Now the entire island has EPIC kites. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As you can see EPIC is all about taking care of each other like a big family. We always take care of our dealers, customers, team riders and reps. This is what we are all about.

On another note, this is an email I got from Helen concerning one of our dealers that we just open.
As you can see, they are very happy with the EPIC brand.
Attachments
Happy dealer.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:23 pm

Sounds like the demo's have went well out on Union Island! Definitely save you some money on not having to pay the extra baggage fee's at the airport :thumb:

James

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:50 pm

Yes the airlines had to charge us a lot of money for these Golf Bags. Thank God I came back empty. :thumb:
Attachments
IMG_1095 6.jpg
IMG_4719 5.jpg
IMG_4689 2.jpg
IMG_4683 1.jpg
IMG_4714 4.jpg

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:00 pm

That is an insane amount of kite bags that you brought! I guess at that point you are no longer concerned with weight! With 14 kites sold are they going to be weighing your wallet and charging you extra fees for that?

James

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:44 am

As you can see from the pictures above, I had 6 Epic Golf Bags with me, one surf board bag plus my back pack, 2 roller bags (one for me and one for my wife) and 2 camera cases for my photographer.
I had a total of 19 kites and 6 Twin Tip boards. So in order to maintain under 50 lbs I had 3 kites and a twin tip board inside each bags plus few minor things such as harnesses, bars, T-shirts, shoes, Hyperflex suits, pumps, you name it.... Then inside of the surf board bag I did add the Surf 5 meter kite in order to pad the surf board plus some of my wife's cloths which she was not too happy about.
The total cost for all these bags came out to be $467 and that include the surf board. But on our way back we did not have to pay anything because 80% of our gear got sold while we were there.
Attachments
Nothing to pay on my way back.jpg
photo.jpg
DSC_0072 1.jpg
having my wife cloths in my golf bag.jpg

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Dimitri M wrote:The total cost for all these bags came out to be $467 and that include the surf board. But on our way back we did not have to pay anything because 80% of our gear got sold while we were there.
That is pretty good going. I was wondering if you made any money on these trips or just did them as a holiday/brand promotion and hope to sell a few to cover some of the cost.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:51 pm

Poster:UKSurf
That is pretty good going. I was wondering if you made any money on these trips or just did them as a holiday/brand promotion and hope to sell a few to cover some of the cost.
Yes I am very lucky to have a job like this but it is very very tiring since I am responsible for everything that goes on.
All the trips you see is for work in order to promote the EPIC product and let people get a chance to see what the kites and boards are all about. I know once they get a chance to try the equipment, 8 out of 10 will be very impressed with the product.
People that have spend few days with me know how busy and energetic I am, and I won't stop until the job is done. Most of the time I am up between 5:40 - 6:20 AM depending what time I went to bed the night before which can be from 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM. And all this because of the time differences between continents and making sure to respond to all my emails so I can make sure my dealers and customers are taking care of immediately. Also I need to be on top with the factories we have in China and Europe, work on some prototypes, videos and and so on…..
So in few words, a vacation for me is to go on a trip where there is no water, no internet and no phone so I can relax. But this won't happened until I am 80 years old.
So to respond to your question UKSurf I think we broke even after selling most of the kites, boards, bars and harnesses. By selling all these we were able to cover most of our expenses such as: Plane ticket, house rental, car rental, boat rental, food, bags fee, and not to forget the photographer.
But to make sure we broke even, I will have to check with the boss "my wife" if you see what I mean.

P.S. Maybe next time you should join me to one of our epic trips and see what we are all about. "DIMITRI'S BOOT CAMP". But for sure you will need a vacation after that. :thumb:
Attachments
The Boss watching.jpg
Please can I take a break.jpg
444A7325.jpg

ed257
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ed257 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:05 pm

NicoFr wrote:I'm just back from 10 days of intensiv riding in Union Island with Dimitri and Helen, and I have to say, this company has deep solid roots and a really good spirit plus a few days resting during the way back were most appreciated...:D But today is time to go back in freezing water (9°C). Had really good time with both of them, here are a few pictures:
I have seen Dimitri pick coconuts while boosting next to trees at the shore. Perhaps this tree was not right at water's edge, or maybe he wanted some tree-climbing exercise.

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:22 pm

Dimitri M wrote:People that have spend few days with me know how busy and energetic I am, and I won't stop until the job is done. Most of the time I am up between 5:40 - 6:20 AM depending what time I went to bed the night before which can be from 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM.
I dont think anyone on here could doubt you put alot of work into your brand - Even if some of your online marketing techniques might wind them up sometimes :wink:

You must do the work of 2/3 people in some of the larger brands.

Return to “Kitesurfing”