Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites 4G

Postby Westozzy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:08 am

You crazy ass nutter!! Pissed myself laughing at the lobster opening scene and indeed the most famous line in this vid is...

O' oh!

I enjoyed watching you crash dimitri as it makes me feels little better at my relative average skills...although I wouldn't be putting average joe next to my kite reviews...bahahahahahahah

:D :D

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flight Time » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:59 am

Westozzy wrote:You crazy ass nutter!! Pissed myself laughing at the lobster opening scene and indeed the most famous line in this vid is...

O' oh! :D :D
No, the best line in the vid is at 2:14

"So you can do things like... *beep*" :lol:

The shooting through the tall grass like a snake is pretty funny too.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:35 am

Can never seem to load vids up properly on this forum.....

https://vimeo.com/89221124

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:27 am

Poster: windsuks
I am 100% sure it's not the forum's fault windsuks. Here you go I did it for you.
By the way nice video. Did you use another kite to take the footage or used a drone?
And how much was it blowing that day, because I see a mix of SCREAMER, RENEGADE and INFINITY V2 kite.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:54 am

The footage from those quadcopters are amazing. Nice little teaser video!

James

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:58 am

It was very light early so the guy took in the Infinity V2 but it quickly built, when this was taken it was around 17-18knots I reckon and the Quadcopter handled it really well!!

More to follow and hopefully we will have in Hatteras when we visit with the Blast group in May

Another short clip here

https://vimeo.com/89094530

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:00 pm

Another happy epic customer. :thumb:
Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 9.04.46 PM.png

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:26 am

Dimitri M wrote:
Poster: windsuks
I am 100% sure it's not the forum's fault windsuks. Here you go I did it for you.
By the way nice video. Did you use another kite to take the footage or used a drone?
And how much was it blowing that day, because I see a mix of SCREAMER, RENEGADE and INFINITY V2 kite.

Its good to see some V2 action still on here. I have had mine over a year now and was thinking about upgrading to something else, but I think I have really got this kite dialed in.

Recently I was at Cape Charles on an 8 to 12kt day. I headed out on my surfboard, and as usual, I had no trouble staying upwind. My jibes are still not that great so I loose a lot of ground downwind in the turns, but have no trouble getting it back.

While I was out there, my buddy was flying his Turbine, and a 17m C1 Cloud showed up. I figured I was about to get schooled, but surprisingly the other guys had to do the walk. My buddy actually got frustrated and wanted me to try his Turbine on my board to see if it was him or the kite. This was my first ride on a Turbine (2011), and I found it to be very stable and user friendly. I liked it, but it was much slower turning. That may have been the 27M lines though. It was very different from what I was used to. I couldn't help but think that maybe this different feel was why people who ride other lightwind kites might not like the Infinity at first.

Having flown both kites back to back, I know that I still prefer the speed of my Infinity, but I can understand why someone might like the stability of the Turbine. I would definitely recommend that if you are looking for a performance lightwind kite, you spend some time on the Infinity. You might find that you like it once you get used to it.

BTW, the Cloud was just in there during my story. I am not making any judgment on that kite other than I thought it was very cool and would like to try one some time.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:41 pm

Well I have had the pleasure of using the infinity v3 a few times and have a greater appreciation for this light wind kite. The amount of power this kite generates is impressive and I have had it out now in winds that my other large kites could not fly in. For such a large kite it has decent turning speed and feels nimble. Bar pressure is in that area that you know where the kite is but not going to fatigue your arms. As always, the build quality is top notch and the new bar is just a beautiful set up. All in all, I am very impressed with the kites that I have flown from this company and look forward to trying the entire line up. It is one of the benefits of being a consumer is that all kites are open for us to use.... no obligations and if the kites don't fit our liking we can sell them off. Will have a proper review of the infinity once I get on the water as it will let me see the full potential of this kite!

James

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:56 am

4G 9m Epic Screamer

Me 75kg advanced rider / wipe out technician :)

I got to ride my new kite in some decent wind 20-30 knots yesterday... at one of my favourite flatwater locations in Perth, it just happened to crank as it sometimes does - though the forcast says otherwise.

Verdict - This is one tripped out kite !!!

My personal interpretation of a great 9m kite is that firstly it should jump freakn huge, well It definitely does that if your not 'and I meant not' afraid to pull the bar hard and stamp the board on take off.. though still nice to say that with a half decent effort - you will still be rewarded with a good jump equal to any brand !

Secondly - it should horizontaly megaloop fast and hard with the feeling of being shot out of a canon :cool2: which it does giving you the confidence to throw them anytime knowing it will catch you easily and then let you helicopter loop it for a nice soft landing - most times ha ha

Thirdly - it should be fast turning and maintain power through through downloop slammed rooster tail carving turns with no back stall - it shoots back to the front of the window dragging you with it, waiting for more.

Lastly - upwind is excellent and youll be doing it a lot, with a kite of this Calibre and freakn huge aerials landing you way the hell downwind.. Thats got to be the best downside of this kite :)

I also tried both 20m & 24m lines in this session, the 20s matched perfectly and the 24s gave you a little extra height wise at the expense of a little turn speed.. both lots of fun though.

As the wind dropped out I gave it to my friend to see what she thought - and she commented it was a very easy kite to ride and stable... but wondered how do you get it to jump so high ? ha ha :)

Thanks Epic for building in my opinion the best allrounder jump kite Ive tried to date in the 9m size :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”