Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

EpicKites 4G

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites 4G

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:58 pm

Get that video camera out and show us the stuff. I know it's going to be awesome but its been several months since I saw where it was at. I'm really excited to see the final product.
Pete
Here's the video Pete. Enjoy it. :thumb:

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:44 am

Dimitri .....That is A..W..E..S..O..M..E! I want that bar!

NicoFr
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby NicoFr » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:54 am

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:09 am

Such a cool video Nico! i enjoyed watching it.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Dimitri M wrote: Here's the video
Like in particular at 6:00 min how it unspins the front lines easily when fully twisted
The smooth spinner above the QR is color white in video and color black in photos of new bars
Probably white was your personal prototype

Bon travail
Bonne chance
:surf: :sun:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:53 pm

The smooth spinner above the QR is color white in video and color black in photos of new bars. Probably white was your personal prototype
Good remark Mr. SupaEZ. The CL on the video was one of the last prototype I made. But for the production run I decided to change the color of the "s w i v e l" and make it black instead of white just to keep it clean, and I think this was a good choice.
:thumb:
Attachments
Production version.jpg
Proto white version.jpg

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:13 am

Dimitri M wrote: Good remark Mr. SupaEZ. I decided to change the color of the "s w i v e l" and make it black :thumb:
Oui.....bonne decision .... le "p i v o t a n t" .....en noir

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:21 pm

Hello guys,
I have been getting few emails and calls about how amazing the 4G SCREAMER models are especially the range they have in stronger winds compare to the 3GII SCREAMERS.
Well the answer to this is because of our new 4G XTEND BAR. You have 15cm more throw on the new 4G bar compare to the older bar and that is why you are able to hold the SCREAMERS in stronger wind compare to the 3G II SCREAMERS. If you use the 4G XTEND BAR on a 3G SCREAMER kite you will be able to hold it also in stronger wind. So in few words, the 4G SCREAMER models did not change much from the 3G SCREAMER models.
The new 4G CHICKEN LOOP makes a big difference and you can buy the "bar complete" if you want, or the "CL retro fit accessory kit", or just the "CL" by itself.
Attachments
4G XTEND BAR.jpg
CL accessory.jpg
9.jpg

Chungmu
Frequent Poster

Postby Chungmu » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:04 am

Just received my new 4G bar the other day. Thought I would post some of my observations although I have yet to use it on the water. My previous bar was an Epic 3G so all comparisons are to that bar.

Lines have been changed and are no longer the white ones that the 3G had. I personally never liked the white lines that much so for me this is a good thing. These just look more durable than the white ones. My old bar had a lot of line stretch somewhere. Did notice some stretch initially on these which is normal usually. Center/front lines did seem to stretch more though than the outside/back lines so will probably need some adjustment.

There are mini 3 inch extensions at the end that connect to the kite. Not sure why these have been added. Maybe to give you different options for connecting to kites other than Epic.

The depower throw seems a lot more than my previous version. This hopefully means less adjustment with the depower strap while riding. I do mostly long downwinders these days and wind conditions can change during the run. Having the option to just sheet out more is going to be nice vs. constantly adjusting the depower strap.

The bar itself is thicker than my last bar. I think this is a good thing for me. Someone with smaller hands may have an issue when holding close to the middle. The hole for the center lines is much cleaner looking than the last version. See how it holds up though.

The new release is very nice. Huge improvement compared to the last one in my opinion. Releases very easy even when I was trying to put a lot of tension on it in the driveway. I did have it release somehow accidently when testing but wasn't able to reproduce the issue. Hopefully I just didn't have it locked all the way or something. Reconnecting the loop after release is really as simple as Dimitri makes it sound. Only possible issues I see are sand and salt in it causing problems or wear on the two plastic knobs that seem to lock it closed. Time will tell on that one. Would also be nice if the tube around the chicken loop was clear. Nice to see how the rope underneath is wearing.

Overall bar looks like a solid advancement over the previous models. A few minor concerns but time on the water will reveal whether real issues or not.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Stock of the all new Epic QR and bars arrives in the UK tomorrow, get in touch if your after one :thumb:

Quick edit of fun in small surf, should hopefully start getting some more sizeable surf now autumn is kicking in!

http://vimeo.com/76589990

Return to “Kitesurfing”