All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: EpicKites 4G
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:38 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Go Brazil, go Epic.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:13 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

This video will help you understand how to trim any kites in the market in case it needs to be trimmed.

YOUTUBE:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:41 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

This is the new intro video of the (4G) SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 models. :thumb:

YOUTUBE:

VIMEO:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:30 pm 
Frequent Poster

Dimitri

This is a follow-up to my post on page 30 of this thread regarding the connection of the depower rope to the chicken loop.

Please see the fpicture below from another brand. Notice how the depower rope is cleanly tucked away inside a cover so as no chance to interfere with the function of the quick release.

Now look at the 4G depower rope connection to the chicken loop.

There is clearly some refinement needed. The exposed depower rope and how it has direct contact with the cuff as the QR cuff is pushed up is a concern for me.

Attachments:
Epic2.PNG
Epic2.PNG [ 745.38 KIB | Viewed 750 times ]
switch 2.PNG
switch 2.PNG [ 527.48 KIB | Viewed 750 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:01 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hello Krazedkiter and thank you for your post. The reason Momi and I decided to have the "grey line" rope expose like that is because of few things:

1) Very easy to replace it in case you want to replace it.
2) Very easy to access it in order to customize the length of the depower throw.
3) Stops the cover from going further up then what we want.

Once again thank you for your time and for sharing your post with us.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:28 pm 
Medium Poster

Krazedkiter,
I have been using the new EPIC BAR 4G with the new QR system for over 5 months now and really like it.
I had to release the kite and use the QR few times already and it opens perfectly, the depower rope is not in the way at all and you don t have to be worried about it!
I actually like the fact that the QR is very simple and doesn t have any useless extra pieces of plastic/metal as other brand use to cover. Also less sand and dirt stuck in it and way easier to wash.
Simple and effective! I like it!
M

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:32 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Krazedkiter wrote:
Dimitri

This is a follow-up to my post on page 30 of this thread regarding the connection of the depower rope to the chicken loop.

Please see the fpicture below from another brand. Notice how the depower rope is cleanly tucked away inside a cover so as no chance to interfere with the function of the quick release.

Now look at the 4G depower rope connection to the chicken loop.

There is clearly some refinement needed. The exposed depower rope and how it has direct contact with the cuff as the QR cuff is pushed up is a concern for me.

Why is this a problem for you? It is designed to keep slide from going past where it should... Unlike the Best slide which comes right off. As long as the ball has enough clearance to come out of the hole (which it does) it will work perfectly. You can agree or disagree, bottom line it works as advertised and I love it. I can't imagine why you would want the sleeve to go past this point....?
I'm seriously considering replacing my 2014 cab bars chickenloop with this one solely for simplicity and ease of reloading. Additionally this shortens the space between your hook and the bar at full power by about an inch compared to the system in the photo....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:38 am 
Medium Poster

Yes looks wise it could be improved though having used it and dumped the kite to see what occurs, it works ok and was the last thing i was interested in looking at - megalooping the 4g 9m Screamer in 30 knots...
Fark yeah I like that kite.
And thanks Dimitri and Momi for moving the bridles to give it more speed and consistant power through the loops n turns.
A bit of give n take - now its nearly perfect... your gonna have a really tough job topping that... Just beef up the strut material a little more so I can play harder in the surf with it and it will be perfect ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:42 am 
Medium Poster

[quote="Dimitri M"]This is the new intro video of the (4G) SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 models. :thumb:

YOUTUBE:

Check out 1min 20sec's - thats gotta be the coolest beach landing..
Very impressive compared to my trip n face plant exits now n then :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:32 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

The TUTOR 2.5m trainer kite from EPICKITES.
People did not think the 2.5m TUTOR could work in stronger winds for people to kite on. My son Cameron and I have done it few times. So in few words the TUTOR 2.5 is not only a trainer kite. You can also take it out in epic strong conditions.
Just received this video from a happy customer using the TUTOR 2.5m in 80km wind. But again if you decide to go kiting on the 2.5m TUTOR you will need to use the normal XTEND BAR from EPIC or any other bar but you can't use the bar that comes with the TUTOR because it was designed for lighter wind since the lines are thiner and weight much less so the kite can fly in very light wind. So if you want to venture in hurricane winds then try the TUTOR but use another bar and be careful.

YOUTUBE:

[ 658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 66  Next