All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to complete my quiver
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:33 am 
Rare Poster

Hi,
actually I've Flysurfer Speed 2 19 dlx, RRD Obsession 12, Ozone Catalyst 10....I'm 92kg, and I'm learning strapeless in small/medim wave and I'm not a fan of hard tricks due the fact that I've broken a rib trying kiteloop with RRD Obsession.....

Now I would like to change my RRD Obession, I do not have the right feeling after the broken rib of the past summer, because this summer I've tried again...and again big crach and damage the rib again (fortunatly not broken) :(

I'm a fan of Ozone, but maybe catalyst 12 has few power in lowend to close the gap with sp3, edge is a racing machine...and c4 maybe it is similat to rrd....I would like a kite the permits to go in small waves with 12/14 knots, it should have the bar light, and if will try agin kiteloop it should loop without generate to much power as my RRD done.....

After that more simple question is for the size of the little one after 10...8/7/6....?

Thanks to all
Enzo

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: How to complete my quiver
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:31 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

One piece of advice I'd give you is if you want to do kiteloops at all, stick with a bridled-C or even some bow kites. some of the more pointy-tipped kites will pivot and stall before completing the loop and you will drop. some bow kites (like switchblade, best TS, RPM) work ok for kiteloops and won't stall halfway through the loop

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:53 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Forget kiteloops on a big kite. Save them for 10 and smaller.

Not be confused with heli loops, back loops, downloops. Do those on bigger kites!..

Any way.

I say 13m edge will be a good interface between 19 speed and 10 cat. Its not a wave kite but it is way better upwind in the lighter airs, awesome jumping and gliding, you can ride down the line looping it. It will be a shit ton better than the speed in the waves.

PS I run the following kites

15 speed 3 dlx
13 edge
10 edge
10 c4
8 cat
6 reo.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:13 am 
Medium Poster

14 pivot ! Or 14 ride

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:02 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

plummet wrote:
I say 13m edge will be a good interface between 19 speed and 10 cat. Its not a wave kite but it is way better upwind in the lighter airs, awesome jumping and gliding, you can ride down the line looping it. It will be a shit ton better than the speed in the waves.

I've got a 13m Edge and I feel it's the worst kite you can get for strapless wave riding. It turns slow, needs speed to pull, and then when it does start pulling it pulls too much and yanks you right off the wave. It does great for hangtime and for going upwind, but I think almost anything else is better for strapless wave riding.

I also ride Rebels. They retain most of the upwind and jumping benefits of the Edge although a bit less, but they are MUCH more fun to ride in the waves with a strapless board. The Rebel is more of an all around kite and ticks a lot of boxes (as do quite a few other kites).

If strapless is all you want to do though, go for a surf kite like a Drifter, Cabo, Pivot etc.

[ 5 posts ]