All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rebel and RPM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:11 am 
Frequent Poster

Hi,

I am a free ride/wave style rider who has been on Rebels since 2008. I demoed a SS RPM 12m two summers ago but it was a mellow day so it was hard to get a good feel for it. How does the RPM fly in relation to the Rebel? Stability? Wind range? Boost? Wave drift?

Thanks

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Rebel and RPM
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:03 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

At more than 80 views and no answers I'll venture mine: they are so different that it's like comparing a footstool to a door handle. Both have their uses depending on the occasion.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:28 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

you can't really unhook on a rebel even if you unhook and kite straight downwind that thing still just keeps pulling and pulling very difficult to do a handle pass, an RPM on the other hand was pretty much designed to be a kite that unhooks well, it's the slingshot version of a bridled kite to unhook on -- so if you don't want a full C kite like the fuel the RPM is your choice. If you are into waves, free riding, maybe the rally is a better choice it will drift better and is the slingshot model of a wave kite. The rebel has an incredible wing range performs great in gusts, solid direct responsive all around kite. The RPM also has about a dozen different attachments up on the bridle so you can go from wakestyle to freeride etc if you want to mess with it. I can't really compare boosting as I've never flown the two in the same size.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:21 pm 
Frequent Poster

A footstool and a door handle? Helpful. Thanks for your time.

[ 4 posts ]