Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

shorts or waist harness for a tall rider....

Forum for kitesurfers
BrianMaiden
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Guincho, Kingfisher, Fuerte, Tarifa, Gwithian
Favorite Beaches: Gwithian
Style: Strapless
Gear: Duotone
Brand Affiliation: None

shorts or waist harness for a tall rider....

Postby BrianMaiden » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:34 pm

I'm a really tall guy and have I've always used a waist harness but sometimes, especially when strapless in waves or landing tricks i just feel i get pulled off balance. I tried a Dakine Nitrous shorts harness the other day and although i didn't like the restrictiveness and feeling of straps around my crotch :o :o i loved the lower pull of a seat harness.

It felt much more solid doing unhooked freestyle and I was able to really lay down carves when strapless waveriding. Is there anyway to get this same lower pull from a seat harness but without the restrictiveness?

elliott george
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Newgale
Favorite Beaches: Newgale
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Takoon lux 133x40
hadlow pro 13
Blade prime 9
Hyperlite remix
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: shorts or waist harness for a tall rider....

Postby elliott george » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:54 pm

http://www.northkites.com/products/harn ... ormer-pop/

I saw this and thought that it looked like a good cross between the two. You can also get hybrid harness that can be altered from waist to seat might want to look around for those.

Slappysan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: Wave Bandit Performer 4-10

Re: shorts or waist harness for a tall rider....

Postby Slappysan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:23 pm

BrianMaiden wrote: It felt much more solid doing unhooked freestyle and I was able to really lay down carves when strapless waveriding. Is there anyway to get this same lower pull from a seat harness but without the restrictiveness?
Perhaps you meant to say "hooked in freestyle"? As once you unhook you aren't really using a harness anymore.

You might want to try a sliding spreader bar with the Nitrous Shorts, it won't get the bar away from your crotch but should give you all the freedom you need.

Return to “Kitesurfing”