All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Wave kite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:09 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi guys,
Any good recomendation on wave kites? I have been riding the air rush litium on sizes 6 and 8. It is a good kite for a lot of wind but I was wondering if I can try something more agressive and with more instant response when I am on ligther winds. Like a size 10 kite. The litium is a bit slow on those conditiins.
I use a scabrinha skilet or secret weapon or a surf board max on a 5'6
Any help?
Happy new year everyone!

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Wave kite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:23 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Depends on what you want. A full 100% wavekite would be the Epic Surf ltd, from what i understood from testers and reviews its really really good. If you can test it.

If you like more allround but very good at wave aswell then you might like to test the Epic Renegade. Personally i love that kite.

In every situation test as much as you can. You can Always write Dimitri himself for testing he might be able to help you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:59 am 
Very Frequent Poster

almost every company do a wave kite these days. airrush do one. you can probably use the same bar......

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:21 am 
Rare Poster

Probably the best option for you is the Airush Wave.
Because, as plummet already mentioned, you can use the same bar.

If you want something else, there are a lot of options.
The most common, at least in my country/region, are probably the Ozone Reo and the North Neo
But you also have the Cabrinha Drifter, Slingshot Rally,...

I've tried the Ozone Reo (2012 and 2014) and really liked them, especially 2014. I also heard really good things about the North Neo 2015, but I haven't tested that one (yet) . I've also tested a Slingshot Rally (2014) in 12 and 9m but I found that these were really slow, not really my type of kite and definitely not what I expect from a wavekite.

If you want something else than the Airush and/or if you don't mind to pay extra for the bar. I would suggest to test some wavekites.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:59 am 
Rare Poster

I started on Lithiums but have moved on to Airush Waves. The 9m is like magic but is true to size, not a 10m. I have a 12m too and it has a giant range. They fly much faster than Lithiums, depower much more, have less bar pressure, turn well when depowered, drift much better, but don't relaunch as easily and aren't really jumpers though can still get up when at the top of their range. I'd suggest Waves in the smaller sizes and VarialX in the larger ones. Either way its hard to ride waves in light wind on a big kite. Reo's are nice in the waves too and Rallys (but they are oversized, a 9m is really 10m and about the same speed as Lithiums)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:30 pm 
Frequent Poster

For me, the BRM Cloud ticks all the boxes. Fast turning, short throw for insta-depower, lots of power for its size, drifts like nothing else... Its super light weight makes it float in the air while you do things other kites would punish you for. Can't imagine using anything else.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:23 am 
Very Frequent Poster

i like the Naish Pivot and and the Cabrinha Drifter.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:43 am 
Rare Poster

Looks like everyone likes a different wave kite, of course. For me the Epic Surf kite is the one I like the best. I use the 12 when the winds are lighter, I am happy with the turning speed really fast for a 12 in my opinion. I am 185 lbs the 8 and 12 seem to work good for me in our local conditions.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:43 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Yep lots of different choices. I think you can perhaps lump them into 2 categories. Ones with pullies and ones without.

The ones with pullies perhaps turn faster maybe a little more depower? But perhaps have a less direct feel.

pullyless if more direct maybe not quite as fast turning?.... I am just guessing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:44 am 
Rare Poster

I've had both Lithium and Airush One and are now on Airush Wave. Amazing kites, fast, low bar pressure, drifts well and have a huge wind range.
Search the forum and you will get lots of feedback about the Wave. It's always highly rated when there is a thread about wave kites.

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next