Forum for kitesurfers
Fragger
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Which Tube Kites are slow?

Postby Fragger » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:58 am

Genetrix Hydra V5, nice slow and predictable kites. Great hangtime. Got me a 12 & 8 m. Range is 14 till 50 knots now.

kungfupete
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Melbourne
Favorite Beaches: Flat water
Style: Wake Style
Gear: Stonker Boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Which Tube Kites are slow?

Postby kungfupete » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:36 am

Toby wrote:no, I need bar pressure! Otherwise I don't know what the kite is doing!
And while you are spinning and busy with doing something with the board, you need to feel where the kite is going! Otherwise hospital!

And also great workout ;-)
I agree. I want bar pressure to know where the kite is, and I want the kite to turn super slow. For wakestyle this is essential, otherwise you keep sending the kite or crashing into the water.

The Wainman can be slowed down with their settings, but I like them even slower, so I use to cut the bars shorter. You can't cut down the new bar so I've added line extensions so I can slow it down even further.

Every year the promo spiel for most kites is they jump higher and turn quicker. I'd like to see kite companies commenced marketing to those of us who want slow, stable & predictable kites

Return to “Kitesurfing”