All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Exactly what they don't need there.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:10 pm 
Medium Poster

ronnie wrote:
jbdc wrote:
This is all kinds of dumb. But hey, at least he's not in the 'fish pond'. :P

It looked to me like he tried to launch in the 'fish pond'. Tried to grab his board to go into it.

Then finally he went downwind of the kids on the point and someone brought him his board, so he was then going out downwind of the 'fish pond'.

He might have been able to go out more safely (for himself and the kids) downwind of the fish pond if the kids were upwind of the point.
His launcher could maybe have walked further out at the point to try to get the kite into cleaner wind and he would have been downwind of the kids so they would not have been in danger.

Yes, he was rather close to it and might have tried going out to that way in addition to all the other dumb things he's doing. I was really just snarkily pointing-out that all the rules and enforcement in the world won't prevent plain-old stupidity. It's unfortunate the most famous beach in kiteboarding attracts so many idiots:

EDIT: Whoops! As Tautologies pointed-out a little further on in this thread, the above video is from the *other* famous kitebeach--in Cabarete. I guess the green water should have been a clue. Regardless, I think the point stands: Idiocy knows no bounds. ;)

Last edited by jbdc on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:12 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

what a fucking dumb shit....
I would have walked over and hit his release and told him to get the fuck out of there... :angryfire:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:51 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

why would anyone want to even kite there, wind looks god awful

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:38 am 
Medium Poster

Assisted launch in gusty strong side to side off wind with swimmers straight downwind is nuts.
I find both guys equally guilty.The buffer zone downwind was totally insufficient. Brainless launch.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:58 am 
Very Frequent Poster

jbdc wrote:
It's unfortunate the most famous beach in kiteboarding attracts so many idiots:

Your video shows a different kitebeach.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:22 am 
Frequent Poster

Ok no one usually wants to hear it but ill explain a little. Of course the guy should not be launching with all the kids there... But that is the problem at this beach right now. I just don't even go there on Sundays anymore.

So where he is launching is the only place to launch at this beach. If the wind is better you could go down wind of the kids but that doesn't happen often. The fish pond is upwind of him and where the kids should be swimming to be totally safe. But everyone is pushing people's buttons and trying to get in each others way. Kids never use to play at that part of the beach until recently.

You can't really say anything but the guy is wrong... But he is being pushed out of the only launch on that part of the beach.

I've seen the DLNR down there a lot lately but they are not telling kiters to leave. I sort of think the trouble is blowing over, except on Sundays.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:32 am 
Very Frequent Poster

If your a newbie and the only one that shows up to a more than well known launch then you should have the brains to realize there is a reason no one else is out. Wind was more than flukey, dude and his friend are idiots. What's worse is the dude could recover and sort of keep the kite flying! If you know that much you should know what your doings at KITE BEACH is stupid.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:20 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Interesting behavior from both filmer and kiter. kiter did look like made an effort to move downwind in second video but should have been there in first place or changed launch beach if can't stay in control with wind shadow.

Going in just over a week :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:38 am 
Very Frequent Poster

rightguard wrote:
Ok no one usually wants to hear it but ill explain a little. Of course the guy should not be launching with all the kids there... But that is the problem at this beach right now. I just don't even go there on Sundays anymore.

So where he is launching is the only place to launch at this beach. If the wind is better you could go down wind of the kids but that doesn't happen often. The fish pond is upwind of him and where the kids should be swimming to be totally safe. But everyone is pushing people's buttons and trying to get in each others way. Kids never use to play at that part of the beach until recently.

You can't really say anything but the guy is wrong... But he is being pushed out of the only launch on that part of the beach.

I've seen the DLNR down there a lot lately but they are not telling kiters to leave. I sort of think the trouble is blowing over, except on Sundays.

Thanks for explaining that.

It did seem strange that all the kids were gathered at the best place for a kitesurfer to launch.

There is a point there and a spit of sand out towards the rocks makes the water shallower if I remember right? That spit of sand is downwind of the fish pond at low tide.
The photo shows the sand spit at low tide and the fish pond to the right of it.

I was wondering why the kids were positioned there and not upwind in the fish pond.

Once they position themselves there they don't give the kiter anywhere to carry out a normal safe launch, so the kiter shouldn't have been launching where he did.

Attachments:
Ka'a Point.jpg
Ka'a Point.jpg [ 207.55 KIB | Viewed 234 times ]

Last edited by ronnie on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:06 am 
Very Frequent Poster

rightguard wrote:
The fish pond is upwind of him and where the kids should be swimming to be totally safe.

Oh, I wonder who engineered that little bit of product placement :roll:

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next