Some time ago, I studied how to do self landing with Slingshot RPM - I got help from two particular videos (www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Kv
and I can almost understand why/how to do it. By my experience the steps are:
1. Make sure there are no obstacles downwind from the spot where you plan do self land.
2. Make sure you are not overpowered or the wind is not too strong - in case it is true then dont self-land.
3. Depower the kite
4. Lower it close to the ground at the side of the wind window.
5. Drop the kite to the ground and at the same time pull one of the middle lines, the one that attaches to the upper part (in relative to the ground) of the kite, the one that is close to the upper steering line. Also at the same time taking a few steps towards the kite.
6. If anything goes wrong be prepared to use the safety system.
.... any specifications?
Now, the question of hindsight, water relaunching. If your feet touch the bottom, or the wind is strong, no problems arise. However, when it comes to deep water/with little wind - so what exactly are the actions and in which order i need to perform? Is there perhaps a good video available on water relaunching RPM or for a analog system?
Is such a thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ300chztTY?T=6s
is doable, even if you dont have a board, and your feet do not reach the bottom - if yes, then how?