F-One 2014?

Forum for kitesurfers
Wave_Ride
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: F-One 2014?

Postby Wave_Ride » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:35 pm

jumarcil wrote:2 major things on my wishlist....

1: use a push type QR and drop the velcro

2: start using big flow valve like cab, core etc
1. The velcro is very simple QR system. Why to change if it's working well?

2. I hate the big flow valve on cab kites. Pumping the bandits is not so hard with the current simple valve i don't think that the big valve will bring big difference and will reduce pumping time or the effort.

I want improved air time and two colors on the bar (right - red, left - any other color).

Wave_Ride
Medium Poster

Postby Wave_Ride » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:55 pm

eldadgold wrote:At my local spot a young man got dragged for 200m until he hit a side of a house. then sadly he died from his injuries.
Guess what bar he had. Yes it was a NORTH bar with an Iron hart.
Hey man, are you sure that the problem was in a faulty QR?
Are you sure in 100% that the rider knew how to operate his gear and emergency situation?
Do you think if he was using kite from another brand like Cab or F-One the unfortunate death has been prevented!?

gvironda
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Torbole, Garda Lake
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa, Lefkada, Capo Mannu, Naxos, Tuscany,
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby gvironda » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:01 pm

The main issues of the velcro is that it operates just on one side, and requires more attention than a classic push away release.
One day I had to activate the QR on the beach, as an idiot crashed his kite on my lines.
I thanked god I had a normal push away, and I am sure I could have not be able to release the F/One, and consequences could have been terrible
I used bandit for a season, so I know the bar

swim82
Rare Poster

Postby swim82 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:17 pm

Maybe the Velcro can do the job... (although it ripped open a couple of times on my when dropping the bar on a unhook move) They're are better systems out there. So why settle for something that works when other systems work better. Fone is one of the big companies, i am surprised they don't change anything. I think i would still ride those kites if it wasn't for the bar.

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:00 pm

One further point is that you can huck up your finger if it gets stuck to the release loop which goes through the spreader bar hook once QR is released. I have seen pics on the resulta of this one, which wasnt nice!

There is no reason for this kind of system, asymmetric/one sided sloppy release loop, period.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:40 pm

Wave_Ride wrote:
jumarcil wrote:2 major things on my wishlist....

1: use a push type QR and drop the velcro

2: start using big flow valve like cab, core etc
1. The velcro is very simple QR system. Why to change if it's working well?

is it?

2. I hate the big flow valve on cab kites. Pumping the bandits is not so hard with the current simple valve i don't think that the big valve will bring big difference and will reduce pumping time or the effort.
yes it does, which makes me wonder about your first comment? Makes a huge difference.

Al_f
Rare Poster

Postby Al_f » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:10 pm

Why all this endless beef about quick release designs?

You can fly the B6 with the north quad bar no problem if you prefer the release unless you're OCD about the bar and lines and the kite having matching logos....

No-one forces you to buy the bar matching the kite and you can always get good deals on last years bar, win win

avrms
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sea of Gallilee
Style: freeride, freestyle
Gear: north evo, cesar pro

Postby avrms » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:42 am

eldadgold wrote:At my local spot a young man got dragged for 200m until he hit a side of a house. then sadly he died from his injuries.
Guess what bar he had. Yes it was a NORTH bar with an Iron hart.
do you have more details ?
where when ??

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:31 am

Al_f wrote:Why all this endless beef about quick release designs?

You can fly the B6 with the north quad bar no problem if you prefer the release unless you're OCD about the bar and lines and the kite having matching logos....

No-one forces you to buy the bar matching the kite and you can always get good deals on last years bar, win win

Yep just demoed a b6 today (didn't notice a great deal of difference from the b5, more grunt for sure) and I would suggest you do just that. That stupid swivel from the mid 2000s doesn't work either! Jesus you think they would put on at least a modern day swivel like SS or mutiny. Shit bar don't care what anyone says. Shit. Sail awesome.

Jdude
Medium Poster
Style: newschool
Gear: Xenon + Slingshot

Postby Jdude » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:47 am

Westozzy wrote:
Al_f wrote:Why all this endless beef about quick release designs?

Yep just demoed a b6 today (didn't notice a great deal of difference from the b5, more grunt for sure) and I would suggest you do just that. That stupid swivel from the mid 2000s doesn't work either! Jesus you think they would put on at least a modern day swivel like SS or mutiny. Shit bar don't care what anyone says. Shit. Sail awesome.
Have been riding Bandits for a few years now.
Love the kites and love the bar !
Although a new QR can be nice, the current QR works great. Unfortunately i had the cjance to release my bandit a few times in the past years and the QR worked every time.
The swivel also works great, when setting up i never care to untangle my front lines. just separate the two rear lines and then connect all 4 lines to the kite. A little tension on the lines while kiting and the swivel unspins the front lines.

Return to “Kitesurfing”