Wave_Ride
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: F-One 2014?

Postby Wave_Ride » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:50 am

Jdude wrote:
Westozzy wrote:
Al_f wrote:Why all this endless beef about quick release designs?

You can fly the B6 with the north quad bar no problem if you prefer the release unless you're OCD about the bar and lines and the kite having matching logos....

No-one forces you to buy the bar matching the kite and you can always get good deals on last years bar, win win

Yep just demoed a b6 today (didn't notice a great deal of difference from the b5, more grunt for sure) and I would suggest you do just that. That stupid swivel from the mid 2000s doesn't work either! Jesus you think they would put on at least a modern day swivel like SS or mutiny. Shit bar don't care what anyone says. Shit. Sail awesome.
Have been riding Bandits for a few years now.
Love the kites and love the bar !
Although a new QR can be nice, the current QR works great. Unfortunately i had the cjance to release my bandit a few times in the past years and the QR worked every time.
The swivel also works great, when setting up i never care to untangle my front lines. just separate the two rear lines and then connect all 4 lines to the kite. A little tension on the lines while kiting and the swivel unspins the front lines.
Same opinion :thumb:

Delmar78
Medium Poster
Gear: F-One B6 and SS Fuel
Tablas boards
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Delmar78 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:14 pm

So, any REAL news?

skinnergy
Medium Poster

Postby skinnergy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:38 pm

If those are the new graphics then i like the previous ones better.

dt73775
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Alameda, Sherman
Gear: Bandit 4, Ozone V9

Postby dt73775 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:09 am

Had the B4 / B5/ and now the B6....
QR- this needs getting used to no matter what.. had several instances where i self landed, pulled the qr after it landed to get my crap together, then look at my loop to see I was still hooked in. Sometimes the red pull thingy is the one that releases and you think the feel of Velcro coming undone is the qr coming out and its not. Also, has a instance when the guy catching my kite let go and it rolled, I could not pull the the QR coz the Velcro was wrapped so tight , so i just pushed off the CL instead. I am comfortable with it coz of how long I've been using the bandit, but i can imagine a guy used to a push away all of a sudden trying to make sense of that system. AGAIN. IT WORKS ... but hey , it can be better.

Swivel...AGAIN. IT WORKS ... but hey , it can be better.

New Bar- Is the bomb

In the end, Awesome kite that could use some improvements...just like every other kite out there

but back to the topic....No idea on the B7.

Wave_Ride
Medium Poster

Postby Wave_Ride » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:59 am

HRD - Helical Rail Design

http://www.iksurfmag.com/issue40/?page=3

?

Mkuzi
Rare Poster
Local Beach: 2005
Gear: F.One Bandits

Postby Mkuzi » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:06 am

Heya,

I know it's a bit off the actual topic but thought I'd ask anyway...

I've been riding the B4s for few years and thought I'll try something more aggressive and ended up getting a 12m torch 2013. To be absolutely honest, I can't find my way around it and am struggling to do my usual high boosts, supermans and F16s that I used to do with ease on the B4. Ican see the potential of the torch , especially the unhooked ability but I do find myself missing my powerful B4s (im 95kgs)

It's time to upgrade this season so am actually struggling with the decision between new Bandits or sticking with the torch and giving it a full dedicated season (maybe get a 10m as well). I also heard that the Core GTS2 is an amazing kite and would also consider it.

Any thoughts welcomed ! ! !

uncle sammy
Medium Poster

Postby uncle sammy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:51 am

Bandit 5 and 6 are a lot more precise than the B4.
Give the B6 a try and then decide.
I used to ride torches back in 2006, after I tried out the Bandit's I just stuck with them. couldn't find anything that suits me more.

Wave_Ride
Medium Poster

Postby Wave_Ride » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:38 am

We at the end of August is there any news, rumors from F-One?
Are we going to see F-One 2014 line up products in surf expo 2013?

uncle sammy
Medium Poster

Postby uncle sammy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:30 am

Anything ?

galsurf
Medium Poster

Postby galsurf » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:28 am

Mkuzi wrote:Heya,

I know it's a bit off the actual topic but thought I'd ask anyway...

I've been riding the B4s for few years and thought I'll try something more aggressive and ended up getting a 12m torch 2013. To be absolutely honest, I can't find my way around it and am struggling to do my usual high boosts, supermans and F16s that I used to do with ease on the B4. Ican see the potential of the torch , especially the unhooked ability but I do find myself missing my powerful B4s (im 95kgs)

It's time to upgrade this season so am actually struggling with the decision between new Bandits or sticking with the torch and giving it a full dedicated season (maybe get a 10m as well). I also heard that the Core GTS2 is an amazing kite and would also consider it.

Any thoughts welcomed ! ! !
I agree - try the B6 .power an precision. in my opinion,theTorch is better on
small sizes and light people.

my dealer told me to watch for F,one 2014 on this week.
any way Expo is coming.. lets hope for good kites.

Return to “Kitesurfing”