Postby Lubo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:28 pm

Any news on the retrofit kit for the new QR

i96dansa
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: F-One 2014?

Postby i96dansa » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:13 pm

Had my first session on the Bandit 2014 7m yesterday.
It was in pretty terrible conditions with evil chop and very gusty wind and I was on a new board so I felt a bit off but....

Downside:
I was surprised by how much flutter there was in the kite when I depowered the kite and I also didn't feel like the kite really depowered, meaning that there was still quite a lot of pull in the kite.
I had a really hard time even going upwind but like I said, the conditions were so bad that most people wouldn't even go out.
The marketing message has been a lot about how they have improved the top end performance so this was a bit of a downer.

I have a 9m 2013 Bandit and it feels a lot smoother.

On the up-side: Whenever I pointed the board away from the wind (on and off waves) the kite became super solid and drifted crazy good and felt very controlled and intuitive.

I have owned about 30 different kites and have kited since 2001. I'm 86 Kg (90 with all my cold water gear on and it was 2 degrees above freezing so I hade it all on).

wetdog
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby wetdog » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:49 pm

Anything about the new QR?

Lubo
Rare Poster

Postby Lubo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:55 am

50�

iroddy
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Brighton
Shoreham

Postby iroddy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:26 am

i96dansa wrote:Had my first session on the Bandit 2014 7m yesterday.
It was in pretty terrible conditions with evil chop and very gusty wind and I was on a new board so I felt a bit off but....

Downside:
I was surprised by how much flutter there was in the kite when I depowered the kite and I also didn't feel like the kite really depowered, meaning that there was still quite a lot of pull in the kite.
I had a really hard time even going upwind but like I said, the conditions were so bad that most people wouldn't even go out.
The marketing message has been a lot about how they have improved the top end performance so this was a bit of a downer.

I have a 9m 2013 Bandit and it feels a lot smoother.

On the up-side: Whenever I pointed the board away from the wind (on and off waves) the kite became super solid and drifted crazy good and felt very controlled and intuitive.

I have owned about 30 different kites and have kited since 2001. I'm 86 Kg (90 with all my cold water gear on and it was 2 degrees above freezing so I hade it all on).
I had a 9m 2013 F One Bandit 6. I'm not sure if it's just me but I find all kites have their own "Magic" size. For example, my 12m Bandit 6 was pretty much perfect, 2013 14m Ozone Catalyst was the best of its kind.

I agree about the 9m feeling smoother, I think any kites sizes below 8m will suffer from fluttering, conditions during high winds tends to be gusty anyways. But I've been out on my 9m gusting 30+ knots, fully de-powered and the thing fluttered like a biyatcchh...

wetdog
Medium Poster

Postby wetdog » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:49 pm

How is the low-end on the Bandit 2014? Similar to Bandit 6? I'm a bit worried since they are saying they added some more high-end.

Return to “Kitesurfing”