Marc_87
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Slufter and Mirns
Style: Freeride/freestyle/oldskool
Gear: Powered by Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: F-One 2014?

Postby Marc_87 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:12 pm

I tried the Bandit 7 8m for about one hour in 25-30 knots of wind, here are my findings:

- Upwind performance is good;
- Jumps excellent;
- Hangtime is great;
- Has a little bit more bar pressure than the average kite;
- The kite has a good feedback;
- Loops very good! ;
- In the loops the canopy flutters;
- Depowerd the canony flutters alot and makes the kites less stable, normal powered up riding no flutter;
- Don't like the grip of the bar;
- QR is not from this time but there will be a new bar soon.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:13 pm

bru wrote:F-one are not one of the brands that make a noise over their products - they let them speak for themselves.
Really? :rollgrin:

wetdog
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby wetdog » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:20 am

bru wrote:FONE have not given us a price yet but they are going to make it affordable ... The real bonus will be Pre Bandit 7 bars can get a great facelift that will add extra value to their kite !! The upgrade will be available early in 2014 !
You mean the real bonus is, they will finally get a safety system that other brands have had for years....

I ride bandits myself and really like them, but the bar is just below par, so enough with the marketing stuff please....

:wink:

Wave_Ride
Medium Poster

Postby Wave_Ride » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:24 am

bru wrote:FONE have not given us a price yet but they are going to make it affordable ... The real bonus will be Pre Bandit 7 bars can get a great facelift that will add extra value to their kite !! The upgrade will be available early in 2014 !
I asked it before here and i will ask again.
i don't understand something...

Let's say that I'm buying the new B7 from one of the first batch and I'm getting the old bar.

I assume that from 2014 the kite will be delivered with the new bar.

Why do I need to pay for the upgrade for something that will be included in the price and will be accounted as F-One standard in 2014?

braveman
Medium Poster

Postby braveman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:07 am

Wave_Ride wrote:

Let's say that I'm buying the new B7 from one of the first batch and I'm getting the old bar.

Why do I need to pay for the upgrade for something that will be included in the price and will be accounted as F-One standard in 2014?
Why pay for an iPhone5 when you know that in a few month the 5S will be available ?

Wave_Ride
Medium Poster

Postby Wave_Ride » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:29 am

In this case it's the same model.

We are not talking about B6 vs B7 upgrade (iphone 5 vs iphone 5s).

Muse
Rare Poster
Gear: North Rebel
F-one Bandit
North X-ride

Postby Muse » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:23 pm

Wave_Ride wrote:

Purchased a Bandit 7 yesterday.. dealer offered me a free upgrade to the 2014 bar whenever it would come out. I didn't even have to ask, so it could be something that's been agreed upon with F-One.

Wave_Ride
Medium Poster

Postby Wave_Ride » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:49 pm

Muse wrote:
Wave_Ride wrote:

Purchased a Bandit 7 yesterday.. dealer offered me a free upgrade to the 2014 bar whenever it would come out. I didn't even have to ask, so it could be something that's been agreed upon with F-One.
:thumb:

And again great service by F-One

Jdude
Medium Poster
Style: newschool
Gear: Xenon + Slingshot

Postby Jdude » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:00 pm

Cant wait to test the B7 allready.
currently i ride the B6 9m and after reading that the upper end had increased in the B7 i wonder, should i replace my B6 9m with a B7 10m. I like to boost high and use the 9m in winds up to 35K.

bru
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: FONE Mystic

Postby bru » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:30 pm

Only one way to find out - test the B7 !!! You will find the B7 very different feel - the boosting is higher than the B6 with less travel and the more direct feel in the bar is fantastic - and the canopy is more stable !!

Return to “Kitesurfing”