Forum for kitesurfers
mike holmes
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: F-One 2014?

Postby mike holmes » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:22 am

The big flow valve doesn't work well with electrical pumps or Air compressors.
So...
YES for push QR
NO for big flow

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:09 am

so in the very minority group there are these lazy guys using electric pumps etc. and the company should be listening them? No effing way!

Once someone has tried the big valve system found in many companies' kites (North, Core, Best, Cabrinha, Ozone etc.) they don't want to go back to the old system. Why do you think Best and North have adopted the system for their 2014 kites?

gwechall
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Tarifa
Style: smooth
Gear: Ozone Reos / Enduros

Postby gwechall » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:50 pm

the best inflating valve i tried was the Switch, similar to Zodiac valve like cab or ozone but a bit bigger so easier to inflate and you use normal pump!
+1 for the push system

mike holmes
Medium Poster

Postby mike holmes » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:59 pm

omg wrote:so in the very minority group there are these lazy guys using electric pumps etc. and the company should be listening them? No effing way!

Once someone has tried the big valve system found in many companies' kites (North, Core, Best, Cabrinha, Ozone etc.) they don't want to go back to the old system. Why do you think Best and North have adopted the system for their 2014 kites?
Not lazy, just more advanced :roll:

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:00 pm

mike holmes wrote:The big flow valve doesn't work well with electrical pumps or Air compressors.
So...
YES for push QR
NO for big flow
I have a Cab, Core and Fone Kites. The only reason why I didn't replace my electrical pump was because of those new valves. It takes me about 2 min to pump a 15m core and this without breaking a sweat.

On the other hand pumping my 9m and 11m B6 is a good workout. Once you tried those big flow valves you wont need your electrical pump anymore.

The newer pump from cabrinha also have a bigger shaft which makes them even more efficient. They don't last very long though. I have to admit that I use that same Cab pump for all my kites though.

mike holmes
Medium Poster

Postby mike holmes » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:28 pm

jumarcil wrote:
mike holmes wrote:The big flow valve doesn't work well with electrical pumps or Air compressors.
So...
YES for push QR
NO for big flow
I have a Cab, Core and Fone Kites. The only reason why I didn't replace my electrical pump was because of those new valves. It takes me about 2 min to pump a 15m core and this without breaking a sweat.

On the other hand pumping my 9m and 11m B6 is a good workout. Once you tried those big flow valves you wont need your electrical pump anymore.

The newer pump from cabrinha also have a bigger shaft which makes them even more efficient. They don't last very long though. I have to admit that I use that same Cab pump for all my kites though.
I tie down my kite to the pump, turn it on and then go undo the bar or put my wetsuit on while the kite is pumping on Auto.
Other thing is that if i use a manual pump my back hurts for days... back problems.
But why not supply a connector that connects to the big flow on one side and has a regular valve on the other. these way the kite manufacturer makes everyone happy.

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue

Postby Séb » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:28 pm

I have an electric pump and I can use it to inflate my Core kite or a Cab, you just need a regular pump hose attach to your electric pump... But since I have only kites now with the bigger valve I don't have any back pain so I don't use my electric pump anymore. It's easier and faster to inflate and deflate too!

kochease
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hood River
Jones Beach
Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Cayman Islands
Jones Beach, Or
Manzanita, Or
Maui
Style: Freestyle
Gear: F-One, Blade, Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Shop Owner and PASA kiteboard instructor

Postby kochease » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:54 am

I love the velcro quick release. works everytime and never fails from sand or accidently gets released from hitting the water or brake like all those plastic crap QR's on other brands bars. I absolutely HATE center quick release!!!. I have broke several of them from several brands and not to mention malfunctions from sand and other stuff, then there is the random release flaw when bumped with center QR.

Velcro release is clean,simple, effective, won't accidently release on you, compact and easy to use.

F-One has the bar dialed in, hope it stays the same. I have faith in the bar when boosting, unlike others that feel like i could break them over my knee like a twig and covered in plastic shit pieces.

Keep up the great work f-one and show all these other companies how bars should be made especially when a company is going to price gouge you over $400 bones thenthe bar should be bad ass like f-one and not plastic thin AL shit like LF or some wierd ass spring on your center rope like cab........

mike holmes
Medium Poster

Postby mike holmes » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:27 am

kochease- :thumb:

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:34 am

kochease, are you for real?

Do you really expect to find the flipflopping quick release strap when the $hit hits the fan? When you are going on your belly 1000kmh then there is no way you can get to the release. First thing is that you should always put the release to one side you remember. What if you would need to release it with the other side's hand? Not gonna work! Velcro is perhaps bullet proof to open (there were batch where it wasn't), but the main point is that it's dangerous when in emergency need. Take a look for example at North's system, that's easy to use.

Return to “Kitesurfing”