Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Foils Vs. Inflatables

Forum for kitesurfers
Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Re: Foils Vs. Inflatables

Postby Dave_5280 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:45 pm

Tone wrote:
Oldnbroken wrote:Eppo...the Chronic is something you smoke, right? :D
#

yup, and I am sure FS don't actually realise that.
Sure they do, just take a closer look at all their kite names.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Westozzy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:58 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Westozzy wrote:On a serious note that stuff is fucken messed up. I know a mate who got into that shit and lost his job and everything. Just couldn't keep it together, messed him up big time.

Don't f*** with it.
If it wasn't weed, it'd have been something else. Like kiting :D

I got mates who do weed and still hold a decent job, family, keep it together. Nah this stuff is toxic to the brain, just don't go there. A mate of mine who does weed had some of this chronic once and said never again. So if you read this, stay away!

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Westozzy wrote: I got mates who do weed and still hold a decent job, family, keep it together. Nah this stuff is toxic to the brain, just don't go there. A mate of mine who does weed had some of this chronic once and said never again. So if you read this, stay away!
Right, so if Kronic is a synthetic cannabanoid and LEI we should all go natural: vote to legalize it and fly foils!

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:07 am

Lol! :D

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:07 pm

jakemoore wrote:
Westozzy wrote: I got mates who do weed and still hold a decent job, family, keep it together. Nah this stuff is toxic to the brain, just don't go there. A mate of mine who does weed had some of this chronic once and said never again. So if you read this, stay away!
Right, so if Kronic is a synthetic cannabanoid and LEI we should all go natural: vote to legalize it and fly foils!
I'll vote :) ive got a good job...already have one retirement check coming in, 2 more in two years, fly nothing but foils...medicinal uses only :)

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:24 pm

Christine Bonninger wins all 10 slalom races in PKRA St Peter Ording,
quite a feat with an aerodynamically inferior kite.
BTW, in Germany, they don't cancel races when a foil is leading. :jump: :jump: :jump:

http://www.ndr.de/sport/mehr_sport/kite ... up105.html

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:26 am

alexrider wrote:Christine Bonninger wins all 10 slalom races in PKRA St Peter Ording,
quite a feat with an aerodynamically inferior kite.
BTW, in Germany, they don't cancel races when a foil is leading. :jump: :jump: :jump:
NEWS FLASH: "Janey Smith wins a kite comp flying a one line diamond-shaped kite with streamers and a picture of Mickey Mouse on it. The field consisted of her 3 year old brother flying a Winnie-the-Pooh kite and her mum flying a pair of used Y-front underwear on the end of some fishing line."

Ram lovers INSIST on trumpeting ram air wins in obscure and special-interest comps.... Why? Because they can't cut it in the big comps. Ram Airs (like the Flysurfer Speed) continue to perform inadequately compared to inflatables. The reason.... Ram Airs are aerodynamically inferior compared to inflatables.

The proof is seen in top level competitions like the Mens' PKRA Freestyle. No ram airs ever make it into the elite levels, ie the top 20.

Ram lovers continue to claim crackpot 3rd tier competition results as evidence of the superiority or even the adequacy of ram airs, but don't be deceived. The reason ram lovers have to compete in obscure or unpopular events is because they can't cut it at the elite levels of Freestyle. After all Freestyle, more than any other discipline, tests the lift, consistency, speed, manoeuvreability, range, and general aerodynamic handling of a kite. Ram lovers claiming success in OBSCURE events or course racing reminds me of the dorks at school who couldn't make the football team, so chose to become experts at ping pong.

Similarly, significant course racing events test pointing ability, low end in light winds, and L/D ratio. Ram airs continue to cRAsH in course racing.

ALL significant HANGTIME comps have been won by inflatables. The world record is held by an inflatable and the time gap between it and the nearest ram air is HUGE. Even Erik Eck's crazy jump, unlikely ever to be matched, was done on an inflatable. Ram lovers claiming superiority in insignificant backyard comps or obscure special-interest comps REALLY only achieves one thing: It shows the world how pathetic they are in real comps.

Ignore the lies. Ignore the propaganda. Ram airs are aerodynamically inferior compared to inflatables.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:02 am

+1 Alex!

I don't care if a BLUE LOWES TARP gets me going. As long as I can get on the water and not COMPLAIN about anything I can think of. :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday:

Some people's KIDS!!!

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:18 am

Ram lovers claiming success in OBSCURE events or course racing reminds me of the dorks at school who couldn't make the football team, so chose to become experts at ping pong.

Got to admit that is pretty funny....

You foil guys just keep feeding the pump me up beast...lol

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:49 am

Westozzy wrote:Ram lovers claiming success in OBSCURE events or course racing reminds me of the dorks at school who couldn't make the football team, so chose to become experts at ping pong.

Got to admit that is pretty funny....

You foil guys just keep feeding the pump me up beast...lol
Cos it's hilarious to see someone trying to f*** a knot in a tree. He couldn't be more wrong about... everything!

Example: Eric Eck's flight wasn't a jump. Claiming it as an example of the superiority of LEI hang time is on the same level of mongness as claiming a paraglider is a kite and then well shit - foils got the hang time beat.

Return to “Kitesurfing”