Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: small kite slow wind

Postby Kite2Heaven » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:43 am

Sell the kite n get a 10 - 12m kite. It will turn slow compared to the 5 but have the power for lighter winds. See if you can get a second hand 11m Renegade...

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:13 pm

Have you actually flown a 5m Renegade?

The 5m Renegade is one of my favourite kites (with a surfboard) and use it from around 20-25 knots. :thumb:

rhin0
Rare Poster
Gear: Epic renegade 5m

Postby rhin0 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:26 pm

I have an opportunity to get F-One Bandit DOS for less than 200$. Im not sure about its size but I know it is between 10-12m.
What do you say?

FarQueLot
Medium Poster
Gear: Ozone,Slingshot,my own

Postby FarQueLot » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:52 pm

if you are downwind of someone lower your kite, if upwind keep your kite high

IWB2
Very Frequent Poster

Postby IWB2 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:03 am

I am narrowing down the LEI kite options for a young rider (10yrs) who is roughly 60lbs and just over 4ft tall. Thinking about the Ozone Uno in either a 2.5m or 4m, using 20m lines on the 2014 stock bar and hope that anyone with experience on this kite can assist. This kite most likely will be the young riders full time kite (for the next year or two) as he very light so need something which will comfortably fly, and be stable in 14-20kts. How does this kite handle light winds (12-14kts)? I know smaller kites will be more prone to stalling and the occasional hindenburg (falling out of sky) in lulls, but hoping that the Ozone Uno is as stable as their foils (ignition). How easily does the kite water relaunch in light winds? Which size 2.5 or 4m in the 14 to 20kts wind range? One issue I slightly foresee is that the trim strap will not be reachable for him when riding. This shouldnt be too much of an issue as the bar should have a huge wind range. I like that the quick release as it is very easy to activate and reset even for a young rider. Thank you in advance for your help with the Ozone Uno.

Return to “Kitesurfing”