All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: any users of the LF hifi x 2013
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:54 pm 
Frequent Poster

any one out there able to compare the 2010 hifi comp with the 2013 hifi x ?
would like to know if the hifix has been cee'd up to a pure competition c style wakestyle kite ?
i jhad the 2010's and loved them as i found them fast, super lifty and with loads of relative depower with great direct handling...
trying to narrow down a new quiver ....been on north vegas for 2 years.. been reading the product reviews on the hifix and do love its looks and all the extras that come with it... meg flow-shaft extentions, nice bar ( only changed one depower rope on my LFbars and that was to go on hol's ...and they are still going strong now as my mate bought them off me)

also i think im right in saying that any 2014 LF kites dont come out until late year sept/oct ...is this right?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: any users of the LF hifi x 2013
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:44 pm 
Medium Poster

PGH. let me first disclose that i work for LF kiteboarding..now that is out of the way..here is the deal with the HIFI X and what we did with the design..Basically we received a ton of input, suggestions, PO people (ha), that thought that since 2011 we started to take performance out of our C Kite. all thought that the 2010 was a high point of how a C kite should perform. So! for 2013 we decided that we needed to re-look at what this kite meant in for LF and the riders that are looking for this performance..It took us right back to the 2010 HIFI in terms of profile and arc. Julien took these design properties and started to work with a few of our high level comp riders and built the Hifi X..the kite is nothing like the 2010..it is what we would call charged..changes in the wingtip design, panel layout all add performance that is what a true C shape rider wants..POP, slack, direct pull, powerfull loops, Etc...Plus the kite sit where is should in the window..nice and deep, so the kite is always there on pass tricks..waiting...on the control bar part, we did put 20m lines with 3m extension option. This to get the turning speed for looping dialed depending on what the rider likes..as for the release..we do release kites in Sept / Oct..but the HIFI X is going to stay as is..we did work on another "generation" of the kite..but it was not getting any better that what it is now..so there was no reason to change at this moment..and there will not be a "next generation" for some time!! it really is a great C kite! Hope this helps.....I am sure others will chime in! (hopefully not from the brand side! Ha!)..

keep the charge!

Post subject: Re: any users of the LF hifi x 2013
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:34 pm 
Frequent Poster

cheers sisky
thats pretty much what i was expecting having read the product info and watched videos of them.
the 2010 hi fi comps will go down as one of my all time fav' quivers with the 9m being a superb kite.
but i need a more versatile "c" kite so will keep focused on the vegas.
i like the feel of the 5 line c kites , the relaunch , depower and power...so trying to avoid bridles and definately pullies..

:thumb:
cheers mate

pete

[ 3 posts ]