All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: RRD replacement hoses
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:59 pm 
Medium Poster

I have some RRD Obsessions 2012 and 2013 that are great kites. As the season is opening I'm thinking of replacing the hoses and clamps between main bladder and struts. I'm thinking that these could fail without showing too much external wear.
Any suggestions for where to find simplest solution?
Thanks,
Salvino

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: RRD replacement hoses
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:39 pm 
Frequent Poster

Salvino,
I don't have experience with RRD, but I wouldn't think that you should need to replace those hoses yet. I would just take a close look at them, check that they still feel firm but flexible, and make sure that they still feel firmly connected to the nipples on each bladder. Look for any cracks or tears in the tubing. Otherwise, they should probably be ok. I don't know about RRD, but a replacement set of those for Cabrinha runs about $100. I have heard of people trying to make some tubing from a hardware store work, but I haven't heard if it worked or not. Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:23 pm 
Medium Poster

I'm not sure about RRD kites, but most kite companies are using black surgical rubber tubing for their connection hoses. Usually hard to find black ( better UV resistance than the natural light brown variety ) in a hardware store, but scuba divers use black surgical tubing for a sorts of things, and dive shops usually have it in a few sizes, you may have to hunt around to find your tubing size.

I also agree with SENDIT that your kites don't seem old enough to have worn out the tubing - are there tears and leaks ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:19 pm 
Frequent Poster

I concur. I have 2012s that have seen a lot of use and no signs of any wear. Check under the elastic and see if the tips of the hoses are cracked at all in addition to the rest of the hoses. Mine have been through various temperatures and conditions. Including multiple freezing sessions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:14 am 
Medium Poster

Hi
Take a look at these:
http://www.ozonekitesusa.com/proddetail ... e_pump_kit
See video.
You may need to check dimensions.

Kev

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:05 pm 
Medium Poster

Hey thanks for ozone link. I don't see obvious wear but I do see this as being the wek link that would fail before one could expect. 15$ for preventative maintenance is a good deal.

[ 6 posts ]