Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flysurfer Forum Chat! Ask all your Flysurfer questions here!

Forum for kitesurfers
Aeroandi
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Flysurfer Forum Chat! Ask all your Flysurfer questions h

Postby Aeroandi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:18 pm

Westozzy: Cronix: Is it a kite you can stall? Is it sensitive to stalling?
Not at all.
It's very resistant against backstall. So for straight loaded jumps you can just unhook and pop. Without pulling the trimmer.
For unhooked kiteloops please pull the trimmer half way. Then it pulls through the kiteloops more nicely.
(for hooked-in kiteloops of course not nescessary)

Rein-Art
Rare Poster
Local Beach: De Haan, Belgium
Putsborough, UK
Favorite Beaches: De Haan, El Yaque
Style: Old School
Gear: Rein-Arc Series
Brand Affiliation: Rein-Art Chief Designer

Re: Speed 3 21m - Future uneven span wise bridle shrinkage

Postby Rein-Art » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:23 pm

benchallenger wrote: What is the best length flying lines in your experience to fly with the 21m? Some say its 24 m but I do not see on your website how to buy 3m extensions.
The best flying line length really depends on the conditions you are flying in. Generally longer lines give you more space for curve flying and looping, to get the ultimate low-end. This has the side-effect that the kite reacts more slowly to steering input. Also, because of the increased drag of the longer lines, the depower-effect gets smaller.
The Speed3 21 has 3m extensions delivered with the kite. You have to take into account that the practical flying line length of the 21 already is pretty long : 21 meters of flying line length, plus the length of the bridles.

Personally I have never used the 3m extensions, as the 21m is pretty much a park and ride type of kite.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Westozzy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:26 pm

Aeroandi wrote:
Westozzy: can you explain the different characteristics of the Cronix with the trailing edge adjustments
First of all I have to say, that 90% of all testers so far prefered the default setup.
So you don’t have to adjust anything if you don’t want to. We spent really much time to find the best possible overall setup, and asked many testriders.
If you want it’s possible to move the kite characteristics a bit towards one criteria using the trim options:

In general there are 2 things you can adjust:
- Bar-Forces higher/lower:
moving attachment points; same as in many other kites, I think no further explanation needed.
- More camber /less camber:
More Camber:
+ Lift, Hangtime, Lowend
- higher barforces
Less Camber:
- less Lift, Hangtime: this can simplify for example handlepasses
+ lighter barforces

Can you really turn this baby from a higher aspect (well relatively at an AR of 5), jumping upwind machine, to a low grunty wave kite?
The Cronix works pretty well in waves because of it’s high turning speed, good depower, and stability, also when lines slack. But it still has good performance for jumps and lowend.
So the Cronix is positioned somewhere in the middle.

In the really specialized characteristics, some specialitzed kites may still be better:
I compared e.g. with a RRD Religion Wavekite: this one turns maybe still a bit faster than the Cronix. But the Cronix has way better jumping performance and more hangtime.
On the other end of the product range, really hangtime kites like Speed3/4, Ozone Edge or North Dyno still have more hangtime than a Cronix.
So the Cronix is between both extreme characteristics.

Good honest answers cheers.

So what is the drift like then, say compared to a RRD?

Also does the self launch mechanism work at the kites higher end?

Also any chance you could give an indication of the Power delivery. Is it on and off, or more like a high aspect foil, edge like, smooth power delivery. Infact does this kite hunt the edge or sit further back like a C or somewhere in between. What I am asking is how does the kite work in the window? I said...
Lets say the kite is set at neutral in half way all round land, what is the actual feel like through the bar. Does it develop its power though apparent wind, static grunt, all out power spike grunt or is it a combination of them all. If you are on a reach and you really pull in on the bar what happens

Also any chance of touching on my wing tip question...how do they behave?

Cheers in advance this is a very cool idea.
Last edited by Westozzy on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Armin Harich
Frequent Poster

Postby Armin Harich » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:27 pm

Release date of Speed4 in larger sizes
Release date is 2013 planed. We are at the final stage and do the last important finetuning. After we start production, it still takes 2 month until it will be on the market.
When we started production, we will release the info asap to the public.

Armin Harich
Frequent Poster

Postby Armin Harich » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Why don´t you have a FDS on Speed4s?
We test and try to improve the different safety options we developed so far. At the SPEED4 8.0 and 10.0 the FLS had a better relaunch ability than the FDS. So we was going for the more simple solution.
We work at to add improved FDS-Saftey to the big SPEED4. But FLS will also be possible, if less lines are preferred.

Aeroandi
Rare Poster

Postby Aeroandi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:38 pm

So what is the drift like then, say compared to a RRD?
In drifting and stability the Cronix is absolutely as good as the Religion.
Also any chance you could give an indication of the Power delivery. Is it on and off, or more like a high aspect foil, edge like, smooth power delivery. Infact does this kite hunt the edge or sit further back like a C or somewhere in between. What I am asking is how does the kite work in the window? I said...
It has a very smoth feel on the depower, no on-off-feeling.
So this will feel familiar like if you are used to Speed3s.
But the overall Depower range is bigger. So if the wind really picks up a lot, you can depower untill the whole canopy is fluttering. So you are still safe.
But of course that's not the "sweetspot" windrange of the kite anymore, then it's time to go for a smaller size.

This big depower is also important to kill power shortly, e.g. for waveriding.

Armin Harich
Frequent Poster

Postby Armin Harich » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:39 pm

Any plans to make Bigger than 21M for us in the Clydesdale division?
We are working successful to make the next SPEED even more powerfull again, as we think that is the best solution.
Last edited by Armin Harich on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rein-Art
Rare Poster
Putsborough, UK

Postby Rein-Art » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:40 pm

TeabagVic wrote: Could you guys produce the information sheet that is located at the beginning of the Speed 4 manual for the Speed 3? The main title of the page is expert tips / expertentipps.
For the Speed3, there will not be an updated manual anymore. I programmed a mixer application for the SPEED3 and PSYCHO4 for our facebook page (in flash), that explains a lot how the kite deforms under different mixersettings, and how this affects the flying characteristics.
You can find this on :
https://www.facebook.com/flysurferkiteb ... 3717029276

Rein-Art
Rare Poster
Putsborough, UK

Postby Rein-Art » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:44 pm

TeabagVic wrote: So far, I have had bad luck with my first two Speed 3 12m at approximately 55-75 hours of flying, lost the kite to sea within 5-10 hours of replacing A & B Lines. Would it be safer to move the C Level ring 1 or 2 cm towards the kite the next time I change A & B lines? (Ill be honest with you, I am now scare to change these lines, that a sudden front stall / dead spiral will happen out of nowhere/non gusty condition and that I lost this kite to).
The best thing to do, when you would be unsure exchanging these lines (I guess you mean the sparepartlines), is to contact your shop/dealer. If you are unable to get service from this contact, you can always contact Flysurfer directly, and we will make sure your kite gets the proper servicing. I am sorry to hear you lost your kites to the sea !

Armin Harich
Frequent Poster

Postby Armin Harich » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:45 pm

Will you be limiting future foil development to the successful light wind category, or will you continue to offer a full range of foils for all wind conditions? How do you see your product line developing over the next 5 years?
We will go on to develop a full range of foils. The Foil / LEI thing is like Ski / Snowboard or Car / Motorbike. We work hard to get the best out of the systems and use the knowledge we get from the different systems including X-Gloo, Paraglider, Spinakers, ...we do.
We are also working successfully at different kite systems too, that are not Inflatabels and not Foils. We are opend minded about the systems. We focus on what we think makes sense.

Return to “Kitesurfing”