Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flysurfer Forum Chat! Ask all your Flysurfer questions here!

Forum for kitesurfers
Icikite
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Flysurfer Forum Chat! Ask all your Flysurfer questions h

Postby Icikite » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:12 pm

What will be the difference in knots in the low wind between Cronix 12 and Speed 4 15m ?

Aeroandi
Rare Poster

Postby Aeroandi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:19 pm

aTi : Speed is the ultimate weapon in low wind (imo): it is very good in creating its own wind and has a huge wind window which makes it very easy to go upwind.
Does the Cronix have the same ability? Or does the deeper profile when you sheet in this kite makes it more grunty but with a smaller wind window and with less ability to create its own wind? By "closing" the profil you make a kite that pulls you more downwind (or not?), but this does not mean more low-end ... or does it?
And last ... when/where will it be possible to demo this kite (I'm in France)?
Of course the upwind performance on Cronix is a bit worse than on dedicated racekites.
But within Freestyle/Freeride kites the Cronix goes upwind very good. So let’s say compared to North Rebel, Cabrinha Switchblade, F.one Bandit.
Ah I just remember we compared the upwind performance head to head with a Bandit (same rider weight, same board, next to each other), and the Cronix was clearly better upwind in this comparison.

Testing the Cronix in France:
Please contact our french importer Nico Lelarge (contact@flysurfer.fr), he can tell you exactly when and where you can test the Cronix.

benchallenger
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Malaysia
Favorite Beaches: Sanur - Bali
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Flysurfer 21m, 12m speed 3 both deluxe and a Speed 4 8m stnd. Flydoor XL and Nobile XTR.

Speed 4 21m

Postby benchallenger » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Having just purchased a speed 3 21m purple last year, which I adore, since I now am addicted to flysurfer products, what would be the main benefits I would see from upgrading to a 21m speed 4 when released in 2013/2014?

Thanks for the useful answers to my other questions! It's great you guys do this.

Aeroandi
Rare Poster

Postby Aeroandi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:25 pm

Icikite: What will be the difference in knots in the low wind between Cronix 12 and Speed 4 15m ?
The Cronix has less projected area as the Speed.
So if you use a big board, like Flydoor, Speed 15s lowend is ~9 knots.
With Cronix 12 it will be around 12 knots.

If you want to combine Speed and Cronix I would recommend:
Speed 15.0
Cronix 10.0

aTi
Rare Poster

Postby aTi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:27 pm

Icikite wrote:What will be the difference in knots in the low wind between Cronix 12 and Speed 4 15m ?
and to compare with a current kite: what is the difference between Cronix 12 and Speed 3 CE 12, regarding also the low-end?

Armin Harich
Frequent Poster

Postby Armin Harich » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:28 pm

To see if "inflatable" trim during flight is possible and worth it (compared to foils where it works) is really exciting.
Hello Peter.

I will arrange you a Cronix of your choice for 2 week of testing, if you write a review here about it.
Just send me a PM.

Thank you, Armin

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:31 pm

Hi Guys;
I am a big fan of your products. I've had the speed 3 in all size.

Now I am on a Speed 4 10m at 165 pounds.

Should I be better with the Speed 4 18m or 21m. Just to put you in Context. I had a Speed 3 19m, than a 21m which I sold to get a 19m again.

I did prefer the Speed 3 19m over the 21m.

So my main concern is : Will the Speed 4 18m be as powerful as the Speed 3 19m ?

ps: also when do you think we will be contacted regarding the depower line issue on our new kites ?

Aeroandi
Rare Poster

Postby Aeroandi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:33 pm

aTi: and to compare with a current kite: what is the difference between Cronix 12 and Speed 3 CE 12, regarding also the low-end?
With a big board, e.g. Flydoor:
Speed 12 10-11kn
Cronix 12.0 12kn

The Speed is higher aspect ratio and has more projected area, therefore it starts earlier.

Armin Harich
Frequent Poster

Re: Speed 4 21m

Postby Armin Harich » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:37 pm

benchallenger wrote:Having just purchased a speed 3 21m purple last year, which I adore, since I now am addicted to flysurfer products, what would be the main benefits I would see from upgrading to a 21m speed 4 when released in 2013/2014?

Thanks for the useful answers to my other questions! It's great you guys do this.
Thank you.

We try to combine the good points of SPEED 3 with the new SPEED4 improvements. We will improve the Safety, faster Inflation, better lowend, better turning and more. We have several Testprotos out at Teamriders, Shop and do the finetuning and improvements on the last but important points.
Last edited by Armin Harich on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aTi
Rare Poster

Postby aTi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Will the bigger sizes of Speed 4 have the "simplified" bridle as the smaller sizes (with only 3 rows instead of 4)?

Do you think it is possible to even get simpler bridle in the future on a foil?

You said you were working on getting more power from the big sizes: does it mean that we can expect to see S4 in big sizes with actually the same power as S2 + the same ease of use as S3?

Return to “Kitesurfing”