2013 11m Ozone Edge
2013 150 Mako
2013 165 Mako
Brand Affiliation: Ozone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Setup for Maui

Postby Rido » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:50 am

So I cant find much about the naish hero/motion and I a suprised about how much foot straps are. Just talking from a beginner's perspective I was assuming it was just like 50 dollars for that. But I dont want to make a billion threads and would rather get input from other people.

One thing I am wtf about is why the 2014 board was released in February of 2013

Kinda wanted a board that would last me and I would enjoy. Obviously I would need something for chop out there and something that would teach me to go upwind easier.

Longest ride is probably about 30seconds but I know whatever I spend all this money on will be worthwhile.

Right when I left is when I finally got back on the board and there was a delay between kiteboarding lessons because I injured my back. I will be taking some more in corpus.

rightguard
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby rightguard » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:29 am

I ride a mako 140 here at kite beach, I think it's a perfect board for Maui. I did try the new naish bindings and they are very nice... You can adjust everything.

Rido
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lake Ray Hubbard
Levee Texas
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha
Style: Freeride
Gear: Dakine Fusion Seat Harness
2013 8m Ozone Catalyst
2013 11m Ozone Edge
2013 150 Mako
2013 165 Mako
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Postby Rido » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:55 am

rightguard wrote:I ride a mako 140 here at kite beach, I think it's a perfect board for Maui. I did try the new naish bindings and they are very nice... You can adjust everything.
from what I read so far it seems like it is an all around board. It is actually something that would even match my personality/preference. I like things that are good in everything rather than excel in one aspect. Ill take a further look into it. The price is scary, but if its one board I will always use it isnt so bad. There are also alot of used ones for sale so thats good for me too.

Also trying to decide if I should drop the money for a 2013 version

Return to “Kitesurfing”