Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

forum for kitesurfers


dejavu
Medium Poster
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:06 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Brighton
Favorite Beaches: Kailua, Maui, Brighton, Rosebud, Sandringham, Inverloch, Pt Melbourne Vic Australia
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha 8,10, 11,12 anf 14m with IDs, Cabrinha 144/133 board, skillet and Flydoor 4
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby dejavu » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:50 pm

I have a two year old BST12 and it looks like the main pump is not functioning, just the smaller volume pump. Any advice here to get repaired?

hmattar
Medium Poster
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:21 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: salinas/PA-Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Salinas/PA Cumbuco/CE
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby hmattar » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:37 pm

Diogo, both would work, Just different sizes(capacity).
Any 12v battery wil work with your bravo.

User avatar
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2585
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Kp, MBay, Rond
Favorite Beaches: Kp, MBay, Rond, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen4 Flites 10m, 12m and 14.5m, 2016 Prodigy 5m and 7m
Xeon Laluz, 2010 OR Mako Wide 150, Mako Classic 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6'
Engine Custom Harness and sliding hook setup
Location: Southwestern Ontario

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby Laughingman » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:42 pm

hmattar wrote:Hey guys i changed my inflator battery for the ones I use in R/C models made from lithium.
Batteies are called LIPO, are very very easy to find and are lightweight and compact.
They are also much cheaper and they charge in 20 minutes.
You also need a specific charger

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _Pack.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _Pack.html



This charger will take a few hours to charge it, but its damm cheap!!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... Input.html


These are 2.2 amh and 4.5amh. How many kites can you pump with this? I'm still using lead acid gel batteries but even my smallest one is 7.5amh. We can pump our 5 kite quiver without it slowing down and then some. Maybe it's over kill?

User avatar
Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...
Location: DownUnder/Brazil cumbuco-oceanview.com
Contact:

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby Caesar » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:05 am

Laughingman wrote:These are 2.2 amh and 4.5amh. How many kites can you pump with this? I'm still using lead acid gel batteries but even my smallest one is 7.5amh. We can pump our 5 kite quiver without it slowing down and then some. Maybe it's over kill?


Hi mate,

You will need that 7.5AH for your 5 kites since they require to be pumped up to at least 11PSI or they will flapping around in the air.

Cheers
Caesar 8)

User avatar
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2585
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Kp, MBay, Rond
Favorite Beaches: Kp, MBay, Rond, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen4 Flites 10m, 12m and 14.5m, 2016 Prodigy 5m and 7m
Xeon Laluz, 2010 OR Mako Wide 150, Mako Classic 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6'
Engine Custom Harness and sliding hook setup
Location: Southwestern Ontario

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby Laughingman » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:24 pm

Caesar wrote:
Laughingman wrote:These are 2.2 amh and 4.5amh. How many kites can you pump with this? I'm still using lead acid gel batteries but even my smallest one is 7.5amh. We can pump our 5 kite quiver without it slowing down and then some. Maybe it's over kill?


Hi mate,

You will need that 7.5AH for your 5 kites since they require to be pumped up to at least 11PSI or they will flapping around in the air.

Cheers
Caesar 8)


Funny.... Actually we've found that 55kpa is the right pressure which translates to just under 8psi. Pretty much the same as our old kites.

bobbi o
Frequent Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 9:23 pm

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby bobbi o » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:31 pm

[quote="hmattar"]Diogo, both would work, Just different sizes(capacity).
Any 12v battery wil work with your bravo.[/quote]

hmattar- do you need to change the connectors that come with the battery ?

User avatar
Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 3:44 pm
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...
Location: DownUnder/Brazil cumbuco-oceanview.com
Contact:

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby Caesar » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:58 pm

Laughingman wrote:
Caesar wrote:
Laughingman wrote:These are 2.2 amh and 4.5amh. How many kites can you pump with this? I'm still using lead acid gel batteries but even my smallest one is 7.5amh. We can pump our 5 kite quiver without it slowing down and then some. Maybe it's over kill?


Hi mate,

You will need that 7.5AH for your 5 kites since they require to be pumped up to at least 11PSI or they will flapping around in the air.

Cheers
Caesar 8)


Funny.... Actually we've found that 55kpa is the right pressure which translates to just under 8psi. Pretty much the same as our old kites.


Than you don't have Screamers...

User avatar
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2585
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Kp, MBay, Rond
Favorite Beaches: Kp, MBay, Rond, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen4 Flites 10m, 12m and 14.5m, 2016 Prodigy 5m and 7m
Xeon Laluz, 2010 OR Mako Wide 150, Mako Classic 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6'
Engine Custom Harness and sliding hook setup
Location: Southwestern Ontario

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby Laughingman » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:04 pm

No we have Renegades.

hmattar
Medium Poster
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:21 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: salinas/PA-Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Salinas/PA Cumbuco/CE
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby hmattar » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:13 pm

bobbi o wrote:
hmattar wrote:Diogo, both would work, Just different sizes(capacity).
Any 12v battery wil work with your bravo.


hmattar- do you need to change the connectors that come with the battery ?


Yes.
If you have the older non working battery, just remove the conector from it and use in the new battery.

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1510
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: PASA Level III Instructor FL- OBX - MI - the world

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby robertovillate » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:34 am

hmattar wrote:
bobbi o wrote:
hmattar wrote:Diogo, both would work, Just different sizes(capacity).
Any 12v battery wil work with your bravo.


hmattar- do you need to change the connectors that come with the battery ?


Yes.
If you have the older non working battery, just remove the conector from it and use in the new battery.


Thanks for this info hmatter! Good to know. I have been procrastinating getting a new lead battery for my older Bravo...the lighter, cheaper, more powerful battery you suggested looks like the way to go. Time to order this setup.
:thumb:


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sabraxas, sindarlotodo, zob and 13 guests