Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Forum for kitesurfers
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby Laughingman » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:12 pm

let me know how that battery works out for you. I may get that one when I have to replace one.

diogovilla
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Praia do Coqueiro - Piaui - Brazil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby diogovilla » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:50 pm

Laughingman wrote:let me know how that battery works out for you. I may get that one when I have to replace one.
I've bought a lighter and cheaper 5.0 mah LIPO batterie, but I'll tell you how it works!

Millera74
Rare Poster
Gear: Ozone & North

Postby Millera74 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:23 am

For those interested, it looks like the Kiteboarder magazine just did a review (& back-to-back test) of both the Scoprega and WindChaser Sports pump:

http://www.thekiteboarder.com/2013/09/e ... mp-review/

danglerdog
Medium Poster

Postby danglerdog » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:31 pm

If you're gonna get one, get the Winchaser's! The review is more like an advert (like all kite reviews!) and doesn't delineate how much better the one over the other. Owned both, you'll be lucky to get one season out of the Scorprega! and the Windchaser's cheaper anyway! :D

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:39 pm

danglerdog wrote:If you're gonna get one, get the Winchaser's! The review is more like an advert (like all kite reviews!) and doesn't delineate how much better the one over the other. Owned both, you'll be lucky to get one season out of the Scorprega! and the Windchaser's cheaper anyway! :D
Well, I'm not affiliated with any kite company and I can tell you that my BST12Kite is from 2008 and pumps up my kite(s) almost every day.
I just recently changed the battery (for the second time) which is normal after about 3 years.
But I handle all my gear well and that might make a difference. Never pump up a kite with the pump on the ground (sand will be sucked in) and don't drop the pump.
Then you will a good companion for a long time.

Cheers
Caesar 8)

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board

Postby Laughingman » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:48 pm

This is the exact same pump as the one from windchaser... only cheaper and you have the option of providing your own battery
http://www.seamaxboat.com/shop/category ... =cid%3D%26

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:33 pm

Is it just me, or is the sand filter on the Windchaser version actually just the plastic adaptor and coffee filter off of a Keurig coffee maker?! I happen to own 2 Keurigs and I definitely recognize them. Necessity is the mother of invention...

I've been looking in to these BST's since I have a friend that is always using his to pump up his Turbine. He just connects the leash, sets the pump to go, and goes and walks his lines out. It's ready before his lines are. That's what got my attention. Oh, and not pumping it up by hand, too. :wink:

Nico
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: private kitebeach on my doorstep,
Le Morne.
Style: wave
Gear: Drifter kites, wave boards
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, naish

Postby Nico » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:35 am

The higher pressure than required for kites is good for S U Ps : )
Nico

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:41 am

Nico wrote:The higher pressure than required for kites is good for S U Ps : )
Nico
I have to admit that I also was thinking about using it on my wife's inflatable SUP. It needs to go to 12-15psi.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Laughingman » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:59 pm

SENDIT! wrote:Is it just me, or is the sand filter on the Windchaser version actually just the plastic adaptor and coffee filter off of a Keurig coffee maker?! I happen to own 2 Keurigs and I definitely recognize them. Necessity is the mother of invention...

I've been looking in to these BST's since I have a friend that is always using his to pump up his Turbine. He just connects the leash, sets the pump to go, and goes and walks his lines out. It's ready before his lines are. That's what got my attention. Oh, and not pumping it up by hand, too. :wink:
Thanks for the heads up... I just made my own air filter using a Keurig filter holder and basket.
Too Funny!

Return to “Kitesurfing”