All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fuel... Rather than RPM - Opinions?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:19 pm 
Frequent Poster

Hey all,

Was looking for a new 2012 RPM with a good price. Found a great price on a new 2013 11M Fuel.

So, I got it. Super great price!

So... What do you think?

My level of riding? I can ride, (kiteloop, unhook, and starting to land my raily to blind).

Good choice? Wind here is 15-25kts, local beach is a great flat water cove. Board is a Darko 137. Weight is 185lbs.

Progress to...? I want to do (blind judge, back to blind, front to blind, and everything with grabs)

Should I have waited and gotten an RPM? I am kiteless, and antsy to get it on.

Comments, smileys and advice is welcome. Please, don't be shy, I can take it.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Fuel... Rather than RPM - Opinions?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:38 pm 
Frequent Poster

Sounds like your all set! Probalbly kite at a higher level than most of us on here! I ride rpms,love them, never tried fuels - ignorance is bliss :thumb: Maybe a little less depower? gust eating ability? no biggy,plus the chicks love the dudes on c kites.Get a pair of boots and you'll be golden,be chasing the little nymph's away :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:43 pm 
Frequent Poster

Just get it if you like it. It is a matter of personal preference really. I've bought a Fuel when I couldn't even do a raley and it was a great choice, as my riding really went off.

If you like to control the power by your board and want to get used to more technical powered riding then a Fuel is awesome and will reward you with great unhooked performance. It comes at a price though, as it is not as forgiving as a bridled kite (doesn't mean it will hurt you or something, just requires better technique for jumping etc.)

To sum it up, you'll be super stoked when you get used to riding your new kite and will never go back to a bridled kite.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:53 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

fuel 11 is great kite you should be good from roughly 18 to 26 knots. not as much wind range as rpm you will want to add another kite for about 15 to 20 knots, a fuel 13 would work, those 2 kites 11 and 13 will give you the same wind range as an rpm 10m which you could ride 15 to 26 knots but with two kites instead of 1 you'll wear them out slower than having a single kite.

Or maybe for your second kite you can get a bow kite of some sort make a mixed quiver. However, is something to be said for having every kite you own the same don't have to adjust your style for the different kites.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:22 pm 
Frequent Poster

jedi1 wrote:
Just get it if you like it. It is a matter of personal preference really. I've bought a Fuel when I couldn't even do a raley and it was a great choice, as my riding really went off.

If you like to control the power by your board and want to get used to more technical powered riding then a Fuel is awesome and will reward you with great unhooked performance. It comes at a price though, as it is not as forgiving as a bridled kite (doesn't mean it will hurt you or something, just requires better technique for jumping etc.)

To sum it up, you'll be super stoked when you get used to riding your new kite and will never go back to a bridled kite.

That is what I'm talking about. I want my riding to take off!! Thanks

pj sofine wrote:
Sounds like your all set! Probalbly kite at a higher level than most of us on here! I ride rpms,love them, never tried fuels - ignorance is bliss :thumb: Maybe a little less depower? gust eating ability? no biggy,plus the chicks love the dudes on c kites.Get a pair of boots and you'll be golden,be chasing the little nymph's away :D

NO MORE WOMEN FOR ME!!! Have enough of them already. :-D (Married w. two daughters). I guess where I kite I should be alright. Its pretty steady winds, and won't ever go above 25kts.

edt wrote:
fuel 11 is great kite you should be good from roughly 18 to 26 knots. not as much wind range as rpm you will want to add another kite for about 15 to 20 knots, a fuel 13 would work, those 2 kites 11 and 13 will give you the same wind range as an rpm 10m which you could ride 15 to 26 knots but with two kites instead of 1 you'll wear them out slower than having a single kite.

Or maybe for your second kite you can get a bow kite of some sort make a mixed quiver. However, is something to be said for having every kite you own the same don't have to adjust your style for the different kites.

Interesting. My original quiver consisted of the 2009 RPM 10M and a 2011 Rally 14M. I only took out the RPM when it was a solid 18kts. For now I will only have a one kite quiver, for the 18-26kts days. If its not windy enough, I'll go surfing. After a few months on the Fuel 11M I'll know what to do regarding a mixed quiver vs. getting a bigger Fuel.

I could fix my Rally, but I hate the idea of it breaking during a session again. Once I tear them, I want to burn 'em.

Thank you all for the comments, was exactly what I needed.

[ 5 posts ]