tr3v
Frequent Poster
Gear: BWS, CSA Surfboards, Sirocco
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cabrinha Leader Line PU Tubing

Postby tr3v » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:42 am

I have broken (torn by kite lines) the polyurethane tubing for the leader line on an old 2010 Cabrinha SB. It has 2 channels: one for the leader line, and the other for the safety. I have had no luck finding spares, and even if I did, it appears that I have to buy the QR, the actual line and stopper just to get the PU tube.

Does anyone know the general specs for this tubing, or where I can look for it? I don't even know what to ask for, but I am guessing it is used for electrical cabling?

Or... can I repair the PU tubing somehow? Make a clean cut and glue/sleeve?

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Cabrinha Leader Line PU Tubing

Postby ronnie » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:13 pm

I think the closest thing is likely to be dual-lumen medical tubing in PU. The sort of thing that is used for a feeding tube. That tends to be expensive even if you could find some the same size. It may be a custom size Cabrinha get manufactured for them.

I think the best thing would be to contact Cabrinha and see if you can buy just a length of the tubing.

Return to “Kitesurfing”