Krazedkiter
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2014 Cab 1x bar Safety line

Postby Krazedkiter » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:01 am

I have two questions for the Cabrinha Reps:

The Cabrinha video on the new bar has a segment that shows the safety line can attach to either the left or right front bridal attachment line. My question is, the video makes it look like there is a dedicated bridal connection line just for the safety line. In the video, that line has a 1x label on it. Is this true or am I misunderstanding where/how this safety line attaches.

Second, this safety line is not just a center flagging line. This is a completely separate third center line that travels from the CL all the way to the kite. In the bar video, it shows that third line wrapped around one of the center lines (think braided line). If the center line and the safety line "braid", can that tension prevent the safety line from pulling though and prevent the kite from depowering?

Thanks for your help in advance.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Re: 2014 Cab 1x bar Safety line

Postby ronnie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:34 am

I'd also like Cabrinha to show in detail how the single front line flagging works.

To me it looks like the flagging line only goes about 8 metres up one of the front lines. That should mean that there is a good chance that twists between the flagging line and the front line would not stop the flagging line passing through the chamber in the PU tubing.
Its not clear in the video if the swivel is intended to remove twists between the two front lines or to remove them between the flagging line and the front line it is attached to.

I'd also like to know how it copes with the change when the trim strap is used - does the flagging line become slack and hang when the strap is shortened?

Also does the system cope with seaweed clinging to the flagging line and maybe binding it to the front line? There is a type of green algae that although flimsy and 'small' clings very hard to normal kite lines.

Return to “Kitesurfing”