Forum for kitesurfers
badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: High Pines - Duxbury
Chapin/Mayflower Cape Cod
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None. - The words of the prophets are written on the forum “walls”-

Cabrinha QR1 small bungee cord

Postby badgb21 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:53 pm

Cabrinha QR1 small bungee cord
Hi
I saw a guy on the beach whose bungee cord had snapped (degraded?) on his 2012 Cabrinha QR1.
It was the short piece that passes through the QR and keeps tension on the QR to keep it in place. Once snapped he was not able to use the bar.
Funny to think it all rests on a small piece of bungee cord!
I was wondering where I could get some of this cord and carry it as a spare in case of a breakage.
Anyone know where it can be purchased?

Thanks
Kev

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Cabrinha QR1 small bungee cord

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:17 am

Can't buy it by the foot here, but it pops up in things like nets for covering cargo... I got one for a motorbike that cost $5 and I got like, 4 meters of the stuff :lol: You might have some lying around the house and not know it...

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby matth » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:56 am

Thats another reason I like sticking with one brand ( 4 cabs at the moment). I always have three backup bars in my truck.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby matth » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:28 am

Hello Kev

I believe you are masskiter also. I do not think we have meet yet but we may sooner than later.
I may be hitting the Cape tomorrow if North Shore does not kick in.

I have cabs also. If Phil can not get you some extra bungee. Check out this site I found. Marine grade bungee as small 1/8 inch. Not sure if that is small enough but should be close.

matt

http://www.divegearexpress.com/hardware/tubing.shtml

badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Brand Affiliation: None. - The words of the prophets are written on the forum “walls”-

Postby badgb21 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Thanks for the replies.
I just saw some mini cargo net bungees in Home Depot that may do the job <$3, certainly good enough for spares.
My first hunt on Google only found 100ft reels, I now see some places that sell by the foot.
I tried to get a measure tape to see what diameter it is and it looks to be 4 or 5 mm (5/32 or 3/16) but it’s hard to see exactly what it is without taking it off.
My guess is to go fairly narrow if trying to repair at the beach – cold hands and tiny holes will make it tricky!
I’ll get the mini cargo net ones for now for a quick fix and worry about the best possible size etc. if/when I have to
MattH – Hi, have seen you over on the Mass Kiting site. Was at Chapin today – but very light wind!

Thanks
Kev

experienced1
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby experienced1 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:47 am

got an extra Cabrinha kite leash? Might be the same bungee in the QR...although i haven't looked myself
steve

badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Langebaan
Cape Verde

Postby badgb21 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:10 pm

I had a look at a leash (thanks Steve) and re-looked at one of my 2012 bars.

I think its thinner than I first thought - nearer 1/8" 3.5 mm (approx.) so I ordered a piece from Fleabay, even cheaper/easier than the Home Depot option.

It'll do in case of a break on the beach.

Kev

Return to “Kitesurfing”