Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Infinity V3 light wind machine kite (4G)

Forum for kitesurfers
soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Infinity V3 light wind machine kite (4G)

Postby soul19 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:19 pm

I think that the moo-moo is kinda hot!

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Flight Time » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:27 am

SupaEZ wrote:OK i'll bite
... nice to see you are protecting your eyes from UV...hopefully they are prescription :wink:

Greek Madea could have done exactly the same using any other modern LW kite that size that day
Did you soak and clean your dentures last night granny ?

Maybe also time to get a different color tarp dress...is your size between 2-4 m2 of material ?

:housewife:

Today Dec 11th the one year anniversary.....of our light wind machines comparison

:happybirthday: :cheers:

Sorry that i was using a race surfboard with long fins and swam out past the break... :rollgrin:
....and that i weigh less... had a larger kite on longer lines

Totally unfair http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RkFhVvtJOM
Jesus, I see old habits die hard. Its been several months since I have been on the boards, and this douche is still taking every opportunity to jab D. Ragging on him for his vision, taking every chance to work 2-4 into his posts, and of course mentioning the inherent (un)fairness of their "matchup"... One wonders if he actually does anything at all except cruise D's thread, looking for an opening, like a hyena. This is a prime example of not having a life, going day to day trolling on other people's threads. Rock on.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:31 am

:bye:
Last edited by SupaEZ on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:35 am

I watched 2-4 minutes of the Bid. That's all I could handle. By the way Flight, it's been 2-4 months since SUPA has said a word about Epic. Good to c u back!

:housewife: :housewife: :kiff: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday:

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:25 am

SupaEZ wrote:P.S.This whole thing between us is an act by the way...we both like to joke around :rollgrin:

Goes to show ... how much you think.... you know :bye:
Yeah, ok. I think a running joke has to be mutual. Long ago D started ignoring you with everyone else when you went off the deep end, so I don't think it's mutual anymore. Just saying.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:27 am

Not mutual, never was.
Just Dimitri being polite.

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:09 pm

Great material for the narcissism forum.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:19 pm

Hello SupaEZ, it has been that long…….Ok this time I will bring "Granny Dee" with me to Cocoa Beach FL. I think you are going to love her. She is a real b$%&@, but you get use to her. She likes her feet to be rubbed (this is a hint so you know).
See you very soon mon ami. :bye:

Frenchie
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Altona, Australia
Gear: HQ Matrixx 12m

Postby Frenchie » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Rider: 83kg, intermediate
Board: Home made plywood board or Epic Oxygen v2
Kite: Epic Infinity v3

About 1 month ago, I bought the kite and board from Eastcoast Kitesurfing and Nigel asked me at the time to post my feedback on this forum after a few runs with the gear.
Here is a video taken from Altona beach, on a low tide afternoon with sea breeze blowing between 9 and 12 knots.
http://youtu.be/5_NqPHXrwO8
We were 3 kites out there, the Epic Infinity v3, LF NRG 14m (2013) and NRG 16m (2014). The other guys were also riding lightwind boards.
The low end of the Infinity v3 is quite comparable with the LF NRG; providing you ride the right board and have the right stance technique, all 3 kites were pretty much performing the same, i.e. Infinity v3 and NRG 16m were going crosswind / slightly upwind while the NRG 14m was crosswind / downwind only.
What was interesting was the top end of these kites. When the Wind picked up to 14 to 17 knots, the 2 LF NRG kites had to come back to shore as there was too much grunt in them and the riders were being pulled downwind too much. Note that we all changed to standard twintip boards by then.
Only I was still out there with the Infinity v3, still feeling in control of the power and pull.
When the Wind again picked up over 16 knots, then I quickly came back to shore as I was lacking the necessary depower range.

Down here in Melbourne, people ride Cab, Naish, LF and Ozone mainly .... but very few ride in lightwind conditions.
On another afternoon, only myself and a guy on a Naish Fly 15m were out in the water with similar performance. I was able to ride upwind much quicker but I am guessing I was more technique than gear.

All in all, if the low end performance of the above kites is quite similar, the top end performance of the Infinity v3 seems safer and more stable than LF NRG kites of the same size.

Finally, I also own a 10m LF NRG (2013) and I do believe it takes over nicely when conditions get over 16knots, allowing me to ride from 9 to 25 knots on a 2-kite quiver.

Cheers, Fred

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:16 pm

Nice to see the video added to your post. Here in Northern Ontario you have to either get good milking the low end out of your kites or do something else on that given day. The biggest kite that I own is a 14m but I will be in the market for a LW kite shortly. There are some many kites on the market now that it is a great time to be a consumer. I definitely like the look of the infinity and it is high on my wish list of kites that I would like to see. I know that the kites that I have tried from Epic have been excellent that the Infinity should be an absolute winner! Great construction and excellent customer service go a long way in my books and Dimitri seems to have that dialed in. I am hoping to try it with also a few others like the Zephyr, NRG and Dyno.

James

The best part about Epic though is a brand owner that works very hard in getting the kites into peoples hands to try. It would be nice to see other brands go to the lengths that Dimitri does but unfortunately they don't. If you can make one of their scheduled demos is the only time that they have kites available as some of us don't have local shops. I didn't realize how nice that sort of treatment was till I experienced it first hand and now understand why people love this brand so much. Great customer service speaks volumes!!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”