Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Infinity V3 light wind machine kite (4G)

Forum for kitesurfers
soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Infinity V3 light wind machine kite (4G)

Postby soul19 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Hey noël,

With 15 years of knowing someone, wouldn't this have been better served by a PM? Maybe you have expressed your concerns that way and didn't come to a mutual understanding than fire away! If you haven't than I, for one, wouldn't have been pleased that you didn't come to me first! I am hoping that with a history that long you at least had enough courtesy to do just that!

James

A nickel just ain't worth a dime these days!

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:01 am

z
Last edited by L0KI on Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

noel
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby noel » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:29 am

soul19 wrote:Hey noël,

With 15 years of knowing someone, wouldn't this have been better served by a PM? Maybe you have expressed your concerns that way and didn't come to a mutual understanding than fire away! If you haven't than I, for one, wouldn't have been pleased that you didn't come to me first! I am hoping that with a history that long you at least had enough courtesy to do just that!

James

A nickel just ain't worth a dime these days!
All been done. Actually, Dimitri posted something on Facebook about the demo the day before and I and the shop got blown off. That was the last straw for us.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:00 am

Hey Noël,

Too many times people just react without actually addressing the issue with the person. It is frustrating to have something done to us but often the intent wasn't malicious in behaviour. We are all on either end of the stick at times! Takes true character to bring your issues to the person irregardless if they acknowledge what they have done or not! In the end I hope that the two of you find a resolution that both parties feel good about! Take care man and the best to your shop this 2014 year!

James

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:31 am

These are some pictures of few kiters demoing the INFINITY V3 in very light winds. One of the kiters who was a girl who was testing the kite could not believe she could kite in such light winds and enjoy it. She never tried an EPIC kite until that day and was very impressed compare to the brand she uses. (video coming soon)
Attachments
IMG_4586 25.jpg
DSC_0157.jpg
DSC_0009 24.jpg
DSC_0201 2.jpg
DSC_0180 5.jpg
DSC_0051.jpg
DSC_0098 15.jpg
DSC_0107 13.jpg
DSC_0072.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:44 am

This is the video I promised you few days ago about the average kiters testing the INFINITY V3.

YOUTUBE:

VIMEO:

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby matth » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:31 am

Is is just me , or does that wind seem a little noisy for less than ten... just saying

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:51 am

What I liked about the other test was the fat guys... I've eaten heavier steaks than that guy.
matth wrote:Is is just me , or does that wind seem a little noisy for less than ten... just saying
Some mics are worse than others for picking up the wind...

OceanAdventures
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Leeside park - Fort Walton Beach
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii

Postby OceanAdventures » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:36 pm

Pretty much says exactly what our review said in 10 knots. Good job Dimitri.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:08 pm

NOISE REDUCTION. WHEN FILMING OUTDOORS, MAKE SURE TO PROTECT YOUR MICROPHONE EVEN IN 5 KNOTS
Is is just me , or does that wind seem a little noisy for less than ten... just saying
Hello matth
One of the Canon G15 cameras I was using did not have a case that protects them, so the microphone was totally exposed to any thing that hits it. Even your breath can make it sound like 30 knots. I am sure you know what I mean. Their was barely any breeze out that day as you can see from the video, so I did not have any reason to use a case to protect the microphone on this camera which I never use for videos. But did not realized it will make so much back ground noise even in 7 to 10 knots. This is why you don't hear that noise in some other footage, because I was using my GOPRO camera with its case until the battery died. So I took the Canon G15 camera to continue filming. So if you know about cameras and have filmed before with out protecting your microphone, 4 knots of wind can give you this type of noise as a background. This is the reason why film makers use a type of protector on their mics to reduce the noise. But if you are in door, then no need to protect your mic because there is zero breeze coming across the mic. Personally, I only use the case that the GOPRO comes with when filming outdoors in order to reduce all that windy noise.

Return to “Kitesurfing”