Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Infinity V3 light wind machine kite (4G)

Forum for kitesurfers
L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Re: Infinity V3 light wind machine kite (4G)

Postby L0KI » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:14 pm

James, I will PM you so I don't get way off Infinity and light wind topic.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:21 pm

I have not tried the Judge but I have tried the Screamers. They scare me a bit every time I jump, the speed in which it pulls you up is not natural, certainly a kite for those riders that are always going full on.
I suppose if I was buying for myself I probably would have leaned more toward the screamers but since I was buying for my wife and I, the Renegade seemed like the more realistic choice.

They also have great characteristics
they relaunch good, not like the renegades but certainly better then most
very light bar pressure
turn on a dime and boost like crazy, if you want to jump high, these are the kites for you.

they do require a bit more attention

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:52 am

Poster: alexeyga
Really sorry to spoil your Dimitri's arse-kissing party boys, but you might want to keep an eye on your Renegades and - possibly - Infinitys when pumping up.
During my last trip I had a close call with my R13 - pumped it up, went riding very far from shore for a few hours, came back for a break and upon landing the kite it deflated.
Long story short - outer end of the leading edge bladder wasn't properly secured at the factory so eventually it folded into the leading edge and popped.
With all due respect Mr.alexeyga, but Helen did receive your email 3 days ago concerning your old RENEGADE 13 ltd v2 kite that you bought 11 months ago, and told you that we could not warranty the Leading Edge bladder because of the circumstances but in order to help you she offered you a new LE bladder at our cost instead of paying the full retail of $115. But you refused the deal. So as you can see from different customer's posts, we are doing all we can to keep our Epic kiters happy. But a hand full of people do take advantage of the service we offer, which is normal since we are doing such a great job.
:thumb:

jakster4
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby jakster4 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:39 am

alexeyga wrote: So just a friendly suggestion - make sure your leading edge bladder's ends are properly secured and make it a habit to inspect leading edge ends by hand after pumping up your kites, just to make sure there's some bladder in it - you never know with these brands who aren't interested in cutting corners like others bad brands do...

Cheers boys! :bye:

My 14m screamer blew out in the exact same spot. Most frustrating thing ever.....

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:40 pm

You guys can follow the same thread that Mr."alexeyga" started in this link bellow "Potential safety issue with Epic Renegade kites" and see what people are saying concerning his new post in order to get a better understanding of the situation and what we are dealing with.
Thank you for your time.

Click on the link bellow. :thumb:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2382796&start=10
Last edited by Dimitri M on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

torto
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ilopango/ El Salvador
Lake Victoria / Uganda
Favorite Beaches: Punta del Este
Laguna el Sauce
La Barra
Paje Sansibar
Style: Old school
Gear: Speed4 21m
Surfboard 6´2
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby torto » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:10 pm

Hey Dimitri,

seams an involuntary tipo sneeked into your last ... maybe correct that...not that someone complains (even more) afterwards. :roll:

Cheers and keep it up
:jump:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Thank you Mr.torto I just fixed that typo and removed the "y" from the end. But as you can see very easy to make a mistake.
I knew there was a "y" somewhere on his user name "alexeyga". Any way I think this video says it all.

YOUTUBE:

stephk
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Oka, Quebec
Lachine, Quebec
Valois bay, Quebec
Pointe-Claire, Quebec
Venise en Quebec, Quebec
Favorite Beaches: Cape Cod
Waquoit bay, Cape Cod
Cape Hatteras, NC
Style: freeride
Gear: Epic, Cabrinha, Kiteaid

Postby stephk » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:03 pm

hi,
I own a kite related business also. I have had some customers complain that they received the wrong product due to QC and want us to send them a new item for free. As soon as I ask for a picture so that I can record the issue and make sure it does not happen again, the customer refuses and rarely replies to my email... Funny how that happens.
I am not posting this to discredit anyone, but in the end, everyone pays for fraud!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:21 am

This video is about grand mother "Granny Dee" getting a chance to test the performance of the INFINITY V3 kite in light wind conditions. Let's see what she has to say.

YOUTUBE:

[vimeo]VIMEO:[/vimeo]

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:07 pm

:bye:
Last edited by SupaEZ on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”