Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Infinity V3 light wind machine kite (4G)

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Infinity V3 light wind machine kite (4G)

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:04 am

My dear alexeyga as we all know you have some real big issues the way you behave towards me and my brand on every EPIC topics. I wish I could say something but again, I have to be very polite and professional. You have to understand I deal with tons of people world wide, but you my friend I must admit you are something else. Where you born like that or it just happened over the years of watching people kiting!!!!
The Depower/Power strap is fine the way it is. Some people like it some people don't. It is hard to please everybody. You are one of these guys that seats behind a computer and things he knows everything. And the reason I know about you is because I've heard it from some very close friends of yours. So again, your post doesn't make sense. It is just you trying to stir things up against me and EpicKites like you always do. Don't you ever get tired of this? If you can't reach the strap then do what my 11 year old son does, and if you can't do that simple thing, then spend some money and buy the extension straps that we have. But we all know this will never happen since you are so cheap, especially after trying to get a warranty LE bladder from EPIC KITES after a year of usage. Which we decide to offer you at our cost, and you refused. So please stop waisting our time with these ridiculous posts of yours.
Once again their is no problem with the Depower/Power straps. For (2010/2011/3G) some kiters were complaining that the throw was too short and it was right in their faces. So for the (4G) bar I decided to give more throw on the bar with the option of buying some extension straps in case the riders had some difficulties reaching the Depower/Power straps.
Personally I have not problem reaching the straps and I am only 5'10" with short arms. But again some people might and some might not. You also have so much throw on the bar that you don't even need to pull the strap. But every body is different and that is why it is so hard to please every body at the same time.
Also the reason we are doing so good with our product is because we listen to our customers. I don't see any other kite companies using this type of media such as the Kiteforums, FaceBook, Youtube, Twitter and so on... in order to involve the kiters with the product.
Again I wish I could make every body happy especially you, but we all know it is impossible. So why don't you make us all a favor and do something important this year. Go and buy something Epic for your wife or boy friend since Valentine is coming soon. And please stop riding EPIC kites.

P.S. I hope I was not to hard on you. Any way, if you have difficulties reaching it, get in touch with me so I can help you in getting an extension. :wink:
Attachments
IMG_1955 4.jpg
IMG_1947 2.jpg
IMG_1941 3.jpg
IMG_1885 1.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Westozzy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:57 am

soul19 wrote:The thing with Epic kites is that they have this unique power delivery that takes a few rides to get dialled into! These kites produce a lot of low end grunt power that may take a few riders by surprise at first but it is easily manageable. Other sports that I have been involved with all required time to dial into the nuisances of that particular piece of gear. It was different from what you use to ride but with a few sessions it would all make sense and just feel right! Epic kites are just like that... Once you get a proper feel for how the kite behaves than it allows you tap into that performance and you become a better rider for that. I get bored with cookie cutter designs that feel no different than what I have been using and know that riding becomes stagnant because of this! It seems to me that the above review is badly flawed in that it was done with a badly detuned bar! I don't care what kite is being tested but at least make sure everything is as it should be! Epic makes fun kites to fly but so does every company! The question falls to what kite company makes the kites you want to ride! For me, at this time, I find that Epic kites suit my riding style! I need my kites to have that low end power with that direct steering and I find that in these kites. I have taken the time to get dialled into that Epic feel and it works for me!

James

Totally and utterly agree. Some kites take time to dial in and the epic kites pack a serious amount of power, you gotta spend time dialing any kite in...I've seen a local rider just smoke on the epic kites, so it's not the kite, it's always the rider. If I have learnt anything it's that.

...but dimitri mate....I don't subscribe to the way some people talk to you but we did find the depower a little too far for the reach mate. Not a big concern because hey I rarely touch hue he bloody thing and if you are, learn to edge and used the power will ya, but yeh it was a comment we all made...but not a biggy, just an off hand remark. It shouldn't bother anyone from a purchasing decision, if ya dig the wing that's all that counts.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:28 pm

Dimitri M wrote: And please stop riding EPIC kites.

P.S. I hope I was not to hard on you. :wink:
Hard on me? Oh my dear Dimitri, being one of your avid supporters I've seen so much from you and your dogs lately that you'd have to push a lot harder to make it at least noticeable. :cool2:

Which being said, I'd gladly stop riding your gear, but there's one little problem - it is unsaleable. I suppose a lot more (than you think) people know what Epic is all about and nobody wants your crap. And like you've pointed it out - I'm way too cheap to simply give it away for peanuts (like most "happy" ex-Epic riders do). So as such - you'll have to endure me for a good while longer unless you want to buy it all out in order to shut me up??? :lol: :naughty: :jump:

P.S. You should really consider going into politics, as you have that unique gift of saying a lot of bull crap without actually saying anything and while totally ignoring what other people are telling you. :thumb:

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:33 am

alexeyga wrote:
Dimitri M wrote: Concerning having to stretch to reach the Depower/Power strap. Well you can't make every body happy. Last year some people were complaining that the throw was too short. So I decided to make it 20 cm longer this time for better depower. But then the Depower/Power strap is a little higher for people with short arms. But again we sell these Depower/Power straps extension for you to add on if you have problems reaching the straps. Or you can save some money and do what my 11 year old son does. Very easy just by pulling the CL grey line will bring the straps closer to you, so you can grab the Power/depower strap. (see picture bellow)

So again try the kite before making the wrong decision. Reviews are good but again as you can see people might get very confused from different reviews.
Dimitri, speaking about "wrong decisions", if my memory serves me well - back when you were showing 4G bar's protos - you were told by numerous people, including my-self that the trimmer is already isn't that easy to reach on 3G bar, so it's kinda silly to put it even further.

You've responded by ridiculing such suggestions with one of your typical videos:

Only to end up with this:
XtendXtentions 2.jpg
And you seriously expect people to shell out 20$+SH for YOUR mistakes?

Is this how EPIC takes feedback from riders?

you must be very "short" to everything :wink: :lol:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:16 pm

Hard on me? Oh my dear Dimitri, being one of your avid supporters I've seen so much from you and your dogs lately that you'd have to push a lot harder to make it at least noticeable. :cool2:
Which being said, I'd gladly stop riding your gear, but there's one little problem - it is unsaleable. I suppose a lot more (than you think) people know what Epic is all about and nobody wants your crap. And like you've pointed it out - I'm way too cheap to simply give it away for peanuts (like most "happy" ex-Epic riders do). So as such - you'll have to endure me for a good while longer unless you want to buy it all out in order to shut me up??? :lol: :naughty: :jump:
P.S. You should really consider going into politics, as you have that unique gift of saying a lot of bull crap without actually saying anything and while totally ignoring what other people are telling you.
:thumb:
Once again Mr.alexeyga like I said before it is very hard to please every body at the same time. Why do you think EPICKITES is doing so well!!!! That is probably because I listen to our customers and kiters by using all the media necessary so I can get in touch with them by sharing ideas on the next product. I don't see any other kite companies owners using this type of media such as the Kiteforums, FaceBook, Youtube, Twitter, travels, demos, emails and so on... in order to involve the kiters with the product.
Why do you think I started my own kite company after being sponsored by so many other kite companies? Well very simple, I wanted to share the passion I have of kiting with all my fellow kiters and try to bring them one of the best performance & quality kite in the market, with an amazing customer service. And so far we are on the right track. So to answer your question, I have no desire going into politics because I have no idea about politics plus I don't trust these guys. I will stick to what I love the most which is K I T I N G and share this passion with any body else by bringing you a great product and lots of adventures.
Attachments
7J2U2544 - Version 2.jpg
BryHarv-7651.jpg
_Z5A1872.jpg
_Z5A1929.jpg
DSC_0110.jpg

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:51 pm

:bye:
Last edited by KYLakeKiter on Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Been thanked: 0

Postby soul19 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:32 pm

The cucumber in that photo is hilarious! I am sitting here at work now cleaning the coffee off the monitor because of it!

James

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:12 pm

Once again. You need to try the kite and see it for yourself. Since that review was conducted by the XLKites people I've had to ship the INFINTIY V3 to 7 other kiters that took a serious interest in demoing the kite because of all this controversy. I got a response from 3 of the kiters that test the kites few days ago and they both told me the same thing. They could not believe the power and how responsive the kite is and how fun it is in 7 to 11 knots. One of them actually owns one of the kites that was tested in the XLKites and the INFINITY V3 blows it away from what he told me and wanted to buy the demo I sent him. That is why you need to test the kite and see it for yourself because you never know who was the tester, how good was he, what board he was on, his skills and so on….. Now concerning the other 4 kiters I am still waiting. Actually one of them did try it but the wind was blowing 13 to 16 knots and he was way over powered he told me but he did like the way it flew and how quick it was. But I told him he need to test it in 7 to 11-12 knots max because it is a light wind kite and this is where he will see a big difference. So will see what he thinks once he tries it in lighter wind. Concerning the other 3 I am waiting because they just got it.
One of these guys told me he was going to do a video and send it to me while testing it. So let's see.

noel
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby noel » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:45 pm

It's great to here you are doing so well Dimitri but I don't see it. You talk about working with specific shops but have been caught not supporting the shops and selling gear directly out of your car. Rumor has it that is why Kitty Hawk Kites doesn't sell Epic kites anymore. A few weeks ago, you did a demo in the keys and didn't call the shop to arrange a demo. Then you sold kites to people without mentioning the shop that sells your brand. I have talked to a few of those people to see if we could get them gear and all said no as you were hooking them up. You had a few people that were interested in the gear but since you blew them off they have decided to go with another brand. If you were doing so good then this would not be happening so I am calling bullshit!

Known you for close to 15 years but I think it may be time to drop your brand since you are not pushing sales to the shops.

NicoFr
Medium Poster

Postby NicoFr » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:55 pm

Bonjour à tous,
I leave in France and I ride for epic kites for a long time now. last summer I had the rep of the French instructors asking for a test on the light wind kites and he had something like 10 diférent light wind kites to test with some instructors in different conditions and wanted to give a try to the epic infinity also.
So I sent him the infinity V3 i have and they did their test on all the kites. To make a long story short, the infinity v3 was the kite that most of the instructors loved because of how alive and fast was the kite in light wind condition. They also told me the other one they did like a lot was the blade big mama.
So like Dimitri says, you need to demo the kite because the result for the Average Joe kite testing doesn't make sense. give it a try, I'm quite sure you can't say it's bad...
anyway it's always much more fun in true windy conditions :D (40kts in europe now)

Return to “Kitesurfing”