Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Infinity V3 light wind machine kite (4G)

Forum for kitesurfers
lobodomar
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Infinity V3 light wind machine kite (4G)

Postby lobodomar » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:23 am

Has anyone ever layed the Infinity and the Fat Lady over each other? Is the Infinity significantly smaller? What about the outline, is it exactly the same?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:19 pm

Has anyone ever layed the Infinity and the Fat Lady over each other? Is the Infinity significantly smaller? What about the outline, is it exactly the same?
Yes I have and the INFINITY V3 and FAT LADY are different from each other. The only similarity is the wing tips and they both have 3 struts, but the flying characteristic is very different from each other. You should try them and see it for yourself.
Any way I hope some one else can respond to your question because I know lots of people that have tried both of these kites and they could see how different they are from each other in speed, bar pressure, up wind capability, pop, and its turning speed. The only thing close to each other was the power. But again personally I think the Fat Lady might have a little more power. And personally, you can't go wrong with any of these 2 kites.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:00 pm

I've tried both, the size I would say is pretty similar. The Infinity is still a big kite but it did feel quite a bit quicker turning to me at least.

I was out last weekend at a windsurf/festival in pretty light winds,it was borderline double figures and with the right board and technique I was able to fly upwind whilst others on various "light wind" kites quickly drifted off down wind.

please note I am affiliated to Epic but the Infinity for me ticks all the boxes for an extreme light wind kite.

Check pic number 55

http://www.expix.co.uk/exzine/expix-exz ... ing-island

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:23 pm

windsuks,
Sorry to bother you but is it possible to let us know what other various "light wind" kites quickly drifted off down wind? So we all get an idea of the wind conditions because these pictures don't do justice.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:38 pm

I thought you guys might want to see how we test our light wind prototype boards and kites in basically no much wind as you will see on the video.
:thumb:

YOUTUBE:

VIMEO:

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn

Postby Kite2Heaven » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:53 pm

Bwaa haa haa funny as :)

lobodomar
Frequent Poster

Postby lobodomar » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:14 pm

Dimitri M wrote:
Yes I have and the INFINITY V3 and FAT LADY are different from each other. The only similarity is the wing tips and they both have 3 struts, but the flying characteristic is very different from each other. You should try them and see it for yourself.
Any way I hope some one else can respond to your question because I know lots of people that have tried both of these kites and they could see how different they are from each other in speed, bar pressure, up wind capability, pop, and its turning speed. The only thing close to each other was the power. But again personally I think the Fat Lady might have a little more power. And personally, you can't go wrong with any of these 2 kites.
Tx dimitri.
The reason i asked is because i'm looking for kite which could work in the waves in 10-12 kt of cross-on, when a 12m just doesn't have enough power to get to the peak. 14m kites usually are big boy kites, in the sense that they are too heavy for the lift they generate. OTOH a 17m lw kite is a bit overkill for me, so was wondering if the infinity is smaller.
BTW i dont expect any kite to drift DTL in 10-12 kt, and send&follow is also impossible for big kites.
I just expect to be able to link a couple of turns and then downloop it to recover.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:12 pm

lobodomar wrote: Tx dimitri.
The reason i asked is because i'm looking for kite which could work in the waves in 10-12 kt of cross-on, when a 12m just doesn't have enough power to get to the peak. 14m kites usually are big boy kites, in the sense that they are too heavy for the lift they generate. OTOH a 17m lw kite is a bit overkill for me, so was wondering if the infinity is smaller.
BTW i dont expect any kite to drift DTL in 10-12 kt, and send&follow is also impossible for big kites.
I just expect to be able to link a couple of turns and then downloop it to recover.
Then i think the 13m Renegade LTD will be the right thing for you. Its basicly the baby brother of the Infinity. Now i'm a heavier rider but the 13m definitly suprised me. Good lowend and power.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Hello lobodomar,
If you plan to kite on a surf board in 7 to 12 knots in the waves and stay up wind I recommend to go with the INFINITY V2 or V3. But if you plan to do a down winder in the surf in 10 to 14 knots then go with the RENEGADE 13 LTD.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:50 pm

Hello guys,
This is an email I received from a customer who has purchased the INFINITY V3 kite for his light wind conditions and wanted to share this with you. As you can see the kite talk for itself and that means less work for me, thank God.
Attachments
Screen shot 2013-09-28 at 6.29.06 AM.png

Return to “Kitesurfing”