Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Infinity V3 light wind machine kite (4G)

Forum for kitesurfers
SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Infinity V3 light wind machine kite (4G)

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:39 am

That's cool at 22m lines.... but 5m extension is overkill....3m extensions is plenty....for larger riders...
....since your INF V3 already have so much power as you like to remind us :wink:

By the way i forgot to wish you :happybirthday: 4 days ago..how's the 2012 right foot tennis injury :?:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:11 am

That's cool at 22m lines.... but 5m extension is overkill....3m extensions is plenty....for larger riders...
....since your INF V3 already have so much power as you like to remind us
The reason I added the 5 meter extension lines is so heavier riders can use 22 + 5 meter and make it 27 meter lines since they are heavier and need more power. I am 180 lbs and personally I don't need the extra 5 meter lines because I get enough power with 22 meter lines. You are probably way lighter then me so for sure you don't need 27 meter lines.
By the way i forgot to wish you :happybirthday: 4 days ago..how's the 2012 right foot tennis injury :wink: :?:

I can't believe it has been 2 years now since my accident.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:56 pm

This is a message I got from a customer who already has his own kites from a different kite company. But wanted to try the INFINITY V3 kite and see from him self what this kite is all about because of all the testimonial he heard.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 8.51.16 AM.png

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:54 pm

I was on the beach checking the set up of the INFINITY V3 and its bar when few kiters start showing up. One of them asked me if I was going to fly this kite!!!! I told him I was just checking on the kite and the bar to see if everything was correct. So once I was done they all wanted me to launch the kite because of all these videos they have seen of the INFINITY performing in such light condition. So I did not have any choice and decided to give it a go.
The video says it all.

YOUTUBE:

VIMEO:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:18 pm

I've been getting so many responses after posting this video yesterday of the INFINITY v3 kite in action. You can see from few of these responses bellow, these guys are just kiters that rides other brands. This is the reason why I want you guys to demo the EPIC kites, because I know what the kites can do and in this situation what the INFINITY can do. Or else I wouldn't even send kites for people to demo world wide. So don't be shy and email me so you can see it for yourself because that is the real test. Don't listen to any one just test the kite and then you can make your own decision.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-01-29 at 8.38.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-01-29 at 9.02.47 AM.png

OceanAdventures
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Leeside park - Fort Walton Beach
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii
Been thanked: 0

Postby OceanAdventures » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:07 am

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Been thanked: 0

Postby soul19 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:40 pm

The thing with Epic kites is that they have this unique power delivery that takes a few rides to get dialled into! These kites produce a lot of low end grunt power that may take a few riders by surprise at first but it is easily manageable. Other sports that I have been involved with all required time to dial into the nuisances of that particular piece of gear. It was different from what you use to ride but with a few sessions it would all make sense and just feel right! Epic kites are just like that... Once you get a proper feel for how the kite behaves than it allows you tap into that performance and you become a better rider for that. I get bored with cookie cutter designs that feel no different than what I have been using and know that riding becomes stagnant because of this! It seems to me that the above review is badly flawed in that it was done with a badly detuned bar! I don't care what kite is being tested but at least make sure everything is as it should be! Epic makes fun kites to fly but so does every company! The question falls to what kite company makes the kites you want to ride! For me, at this time, I find that Epic kites suit my riding style! I need my kites to have that low end power with that direct steering and I find that in these kites. I have taken the time to get dialled into that Epic feel and it works for me!

James

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:32 pm

I would like to thank the guys at XLKites for taking the time in their review. But the best way to feel the performance of this kite or any other kite is to demo it yourself. This is the reason why we have a warning label on all our ads. "WARNING. DO NOT BUY ANOTHER KITE UNTIL YOU EXPERIENCE AND EPIC KITE." Some of the viewers that just saw this video and saw the previous videos of the INFINITY V3 in action must be very confused. Well I'm confused also because I know how the INFINITY V3 performs in light winds compare to most of the other kites they tested.
The review you heard might help a little bit but again when I hear the review they made I get a little confused because for me which I am 180 lbs above (13 knots) it's very hard to hold an edge because of the power of the kite, and in (13 knots) I can use the SCREAMER 14 or the RENEGADE 13 ltd model. So I use the INFINITY V3 in (7 to 12 knots) maximum because after that I get too much power and need to depower the kite. But again all this will depend also of the type of board you are using. The OXYGEN (135x47cm) was designed to fit the performance of the INFINITY V3 and this is the board I use. If the wind picks up to (12-16 knots) and still want to use the INFINITY V3, then I need to change boards and get something smaller such as the SPARTAN 129x39cm or the DROID 135x41cm so I can edge better.
We have had so many good reviews from people world wide testing the INFINITY V3. So once again before you buy a product get a chance to demo the INFINITY V3 kite and see it for yourself. This will be the best test to see if the kite is made for your riding style. Why do you think I am not afraid to send you a demo!!!! Well because I know the performance of the kite in light wind and I know you will be very impressed.

Also very important, you have to understand that the kite is a FreeStyle kite not a race kite, and probably this is the reason it seats a little back into the window and also that is why it can fly amazingly in 3 knots. Me personally I have no problem going up wind but you need to know how to work it and combine your skills of the kite and board together to make this happen. If you are used to a kite that flies up wind like a race kite, then you will need to spend more time to find the sweet spot on how to make this kite go up wind. I have had few people demoing the kite in (7 to 10 knots) while I am with them on the beach and having problems going up wind but then after I showed them how to do it, they were able to go up wind with a big smile. It just clicks in.
Now if you are looking for a kite to go upwind like a mad man then you need the race model and the RACER 17 meter kite will do the trick but you will loose the FreeStyle part that the INFINITY has.
So again you see these videos bellow and you see this review you get a little confuse correct? So please demo the kite for yourself and do your own judgement because this kite was designed for light wind (7 to 12 knots). And of course you can use it from (12 to 17 knots) but will need to be a heavier rider (220 - 340 lbs) or use a very small board.
Again, if you get a chance demo all these kites first before spending the money.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCQ-5J0MH2I[/youtube]

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:00 pm

Once again guys, all you need to do is try the INFINITY V3 or any other kites before you invest that much money in buying a kite. Plus I always pay the shipping for shipping the kite to you in the USA. But you are responsible for shipping it back to me. Now if it is overseas or other places then we share the shipping. It is all up to you. Some people will use this so they can have a kite to ride for their vacation. It's like a rental which all you pay is for shipping. No a bad deal. So yes some people will take advantage of my offer. But again the reason I am doing this is because I know the performance of the INFINITY V3. And I designed this kite for light wind conditions which is (7 to 12 knots max). If I want to kite in (11 to 15-18 knots) then I use the SCREAMER 14, RACER 14 or RENEGADE 13. So maybe I should of sent them the RACER 14 or SCREAMER 14 so they can test it in (11 to 16 knots). So once again I am very confused with the test they performed because this is the only bad review I ever had about the INFINITY V3.

Now concerning the grooves on the bar. Well most of the people love this because it gives them a better grip on the bar. Especially when you start doing handle passes or big unhook kite loops. It feels you are part of the bar. In the video one of the testers mentions that he never seen this before. Well I know for a fact that lots of kite companies uses this. So maybe he needs to try more kites in the future. And the reason his hands were hurting was not because of these groves but because of the power of the kite in 16 knots. Again this is too much power for the INFINITY V3.
Concerning the bar pressure, well yes you will get a lot of bar pressure if you decide to ride a kite in over power conditions. It's like taking the SCREAMER 14 in (20 to 27 knots), then I will get a lot of bar pressure because the kite will have too much power. Same thing with using the INFINITY V3 in (12 to 16 knots). It is too much wind. Of course you can use it but then the bar pressure will increase and then you will need to use a smaller board so you can edge better to go up wind.
Concerning the lines needing tuning. Well out of thousands of bar the factory produce for EPIC and other kite company they will have a small percentage of errors. This is what the owner of the factory told me. And of course, one of the bad tuning lines had to be on this test. Usually all the bars and kites comes perfectly trimmed out of the bag. I did talk to the factory about that. His response was that they can't control this because they have so many bars they are doing. (what kind of answer is that!!!!)
Concerning the Narrow wind range. Well again maybe that's the case for a beginner rider, an average kiter can use the INFINITY V3 kite from (7 to 18 knots) if they desire to, but again that depends of the kiter's skills. And of course an expert kiter can even use the INFINITY V3 from (2 to 5 knots) on an SUP board as you have seen on many videos. But it all depends on your level. A lot of schools loves teaching on the INFINITY v3 because they are the only one in the water when the wind drops bellow 8 knots.
Concerning having to stretch to reach the Depower/Power strap. Well you can't make every body happy. Last year some people were complaining that the throw was too short. So I decided to make it 20 cm longer this time for better depower. But then the Depower/Power strap is a little higher for people with short arms. But again we sell these Depower/Power straps extension for you to add on if you have problems reaching the straps. Or you can save some money and do what my 11 year old son does. Very easy just by pulling the CL grey line will bring the straps closer to you, so you can grab the Power/depower strap. (see picture bellow)
Concerning the Ball Valves that did not work. Well you actually don't need a Ball in the valve. It is easier to pump it with out a ball. But again sometimes that small ball will get stuck on the side or gets lost, but this will happen with most kites that uses that system of inflation. (see video bellow)

So again try the kite before making the wrong decision. Reviews are good but again as you can see people might get very confused from different reviews.

YOUTUBE:
Attachments
Another Review from a magazine this time not a shop that doesn't carry EPIC kites.JPG
XtendXtentions 2.jpg

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:48 pm

Dimitri M wrote: Concerning having to stretch to reach the Depower/Power strap. Well you can't make every body happy. Last year some people were complaining that the throw was too short. So I decided to make it 20 cm longer this time for better depower. But then the Depower/Power strap is a little higher for people with short arms. But again we sell these Depower/Power straps extension for you to add on if you have problems reaching the straps. Or you can save some money and do what my 11 year old son does. Very easy just by pulling the CL grey line will bring the straps closer to you, so you can grab the Power/depower strap. (see picture bellow)

So again try the kite before making the wrong decision. Reviews are good but again as you can see people might get very confused from different reviews.
Dimitri, speaking about "wrong decisions", if my memory serves me well - back when you were showing 4G bar's protos - you were told by numerous people, including my-self that the trimmer is already isn't that easy to reach on 3G bar, so it's kinda silly to put it even further.

You've responded by ridiculing such suggestions with one of your typical videos:

Only to end up with this:
XtendXtentions 2.jpg
XtendXtentions 2.jpg (108.48 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
And you seriously expect people to shell out 20$+SH for YOUR mistakes?

Is this how EPIC takes feedback from riders?

Return to “Kitesurfing”