Zeeko Notus REV vs Bandit 8

Forum for kitesurfers
luca
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Zeeko Notus REV vs Bandit 8

Postby luca » Thu May 21, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi!

I know both are fantastic kited, but I can't decide which one to buy.
Any1 tested both kites?

I need some infos:

- which one loops better?
- which has the better jumping performance?

Thanks
Luca

TommyDelly
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Zeeko Notus REV vs Bandit 8

Postby TommyDelly » Thu May 21, 2015 11:17 pm

This one is easy :) bandit all the way :thumb:

I dont fly this brands but i used many times the notus 2013 and the bandit 6 (2013). The bandit was one of the sweetest kites i have tried, especially for loops and the notus was just below avarage at everything, so like i said for me it would be an easy choice :bye:

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Fri May 22, 2015 5:10 pm

TommyDelly wrote:This one is easy :) bandit all the way :thumb:

I dont fly this brands but i used many times the notus 2013 and the bandit 6 (2013). The bandit was one of the sweetest kites i have tried, especially for loops and the notus was just below avarage at everything, so like i said for me it would be an easy choice :bye:
Have you actually compared the REV against a Bandit? I was looking to add a 12m Bandit to my quiver and came across a deal on a 12m Rev that I couldn't pass on. I have yet to fly it in its sweetspot (only picked it up a couple of days ago) but so far I'm finding the Rev to be very similar to Bandits, thought a lot smoother, with less "noise" at the bar and without any rear edge flapping.

Frank82
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, IJburg, Schellinkhout, Medemblik - Netherlands
Style: freestyle / wakestyle / big air / wave
Gear: Eleveight

Postby Frank82 » Fri May 22, 2015 5:41 pm

Last year I had the Zeeko Krush in 12/9/7m. I think they were overall decent kites but I do feel they were a bit unrefined, build quality is excellent though.

TommyDelly
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby TommyDelly » Fri May 22, 2015 6:00 pm

alexeyga wrote:
TommyDelly wrote:This one is easy :) bandit all the way :thumb:

Have you actually compared the REV against a Bandit? I was looking to add a 12m Bandit to my quiver and came across a deal on a 12m Rev that I couldn't pass on. I have yet to fly it in its sweetspot (only picked it up a couple of days ago) but so far I'm finding the Rev to be very similar to Bandits, thought a lot smoother, with less "noise" at the bar and without any rear edge flapping.
No havent tried the notus REV, maybe they changed everything and now its a good kite :)

I think all high depower kite flap, especially 3 strut kites so i really doubt the rev is much different, also i think bandit was smooth and the noise at the bar, i dont really understand what you mean here but i like to really feel the kite and what is going on with it, some kites just dont have it.

For me the bandit was a fun kite to fly, and the notus was boring, as simple as that

luca
Frequent Poster

Postby luca » Fri May 22, 2015 11:19 pm

thanks for your Infos.
in the french kiteboarder Magazine the Notus REV was tested to the second place. Before the Bandit and before Core and North. So maybe there are some more guys out there having more infos about the REV against the Bandit.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alexeyga » Sat May 23, 2015 1:23 pm

We've got some decent forecasts for the next few days - so i'm hoping to test my Rev12 vs my B6-10 - will be happy to share my thoughts. So far the overall shape of the Rev and its bridal configuration looks like they were trying to re-make the Bandit and like somebody has mentionned, the construction of the Rev is just bomber.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alexeyga » Sun May 31, 2015 11:41 pm

Here are my thoughts on the REV vs BANDIT so far:
-REV isn't trying to be a jack of all trades
-REV's low end range sucks against the Bandit
-REV's mid/high-end range leaves Bandit waaaaay far behind and keeps asking for more!!! It has been a looooong while since I've ridden a kite that felt that confident and easy in its upper end of the range.
-REV isn't as refined as Bandits
-as far as gust-handling is concerned, REV reminds me a lot about the original Ozone Instinct - it just eats everything without needing to use the trimmer
-overall bar feeling when flying the REV is very dump and light vs the Bandit that is very lively
-looping with the REV is much more... consistent. Not sure if it's the right term to use, but overall it depends a lot on the wind. Bandit is more fun to loop in it's lower range and it becomes very edgy and unforgiving as the wind rises. REV on the other hand is kinda blunt in its lower range, but gets more and more fun and snappy towards its upper range
-Zeeko's Freestyle bar - is probably the best "standard" 4-lines bar I've seen to date.

At the end of the day, I needed a 9m to compliment my 12 and i've ordered another REV - it suits me.

Had a chance to try the Airush Wave 9m. Absolutely awesome kite with unreal grunt and spped, jumps very well too, but 6 pulleys? Seriously?

Return to “Kitesurfing”