All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Which mystic harness to pick?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:19 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Trying to decide on a new harness. Found several on live2kite for $99-145 and free shipping.

A bit about me average body dimensions. My riding style, aggressive, powered, big airs. No unhooked. Like something comfy as I ride in just a t shirt/no shirt a lot. Also snowkite in winter.

Would love some reviews. Open to other brands/models in same price range.

Thanks

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Which mystic harness to pick?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:41 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Dakine Nitrous or the Ion equivalent. Seriously.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:56 am 
Medium Poster

I've been riding the mystic warrior 3 for the past 2 and a half years and its the most comfortable harness I've used in the past 11 years. I cannot use it on my bare skin as the flexing rubber irritates my skin so need to use a second skin or wetsuit with this harness. Durability is of the highest standard and my warrior 3 only shows light signs of wear. I will probably easily use it for another two or three years when all my previous harnesses disintegrated after 6-12 months of use.

There are plenty of "which harness should i buy" threads on this forum. You can use the search feature to search for "harness" or "mystic" so ppl don't have to repeat themselves. [* the search feature seems broken today]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:38 am 
Medium Poster

It depends on the shape of your body and not just on the riding style.
I use a warrior and love it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:05 pm 
Medium Poster

I had warrior 1 and 2, this year I bought the majestic. It gives much more back support, more comfortable and don't slip, stay low and static at the same place, best harness for jumping.
If you want a harness to slip for wave rinding or riding toe side go with the warrior.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:22 pm 
Frequent Poster

Michelks wrote:
I had warrior 1 and 2, this year I bought the majestic. It gives much more back support, more comfortable and don't slip, stay low and static at the same place, best harness for jumping.
If you want a harness to slip for wave rinding or riding toe side go with the warrior.

Perfectly agree with that. I also have the Majestic and with his memory foam it is extremely confortable and fit your back perfectly. I wear it over a Liquid Force neoprene impact vest and it doesn't slip at all which is effectively great for jumping but not for wave riding. A sliding hook is better for that anyway. The only drawback I have found on the Majestic is the size and weight of the harness, a little on the high side but I prefer the comfort so I'm fine with it.

Try one if you can!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:40 pm 
Medium Poster

Majestic! Best harness ever made, gone through a several since 2002. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:17 pm 
Medium Poster

Majestic for me also, stays low and hugs my back and can kite for hours, feels plush...as far as durability only time will tell, its been a couple of months and looks good still

[ 8 posts ]