Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Elitist segregation in kite surfing.

Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Elitist segregation in kite surfing.

Postby tautologies » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:32 pm

Westozzy wrote:Species like me! I was on surfboards from 2000 to 2005, way before all you try hard elitist strapless Guys starting banging your own drum! I still get on a strapless board when conditions warrant it. Species like me you naive arrogant prick. I choose a mutant because it is way more fun and you can develop your wave riding skills no matter what board you are on. I know many guys who rip shit apart on their TTs in the waves much better than most the kooks I see on SBs.

Don't know about you brilliant sophisticated SB riders but I perfect my SB riding on a fucking surfboard without a kite! As I've done for 34 years!

Christ you should listen to your shit fair dinkum its like you've just discovered surfboard riding and you think it is the cutting edge of brilliance.

Its easier to ride a SB in waves than a TT much much easier, you are not doing anything brilliant, guys have been using SBs and kites for bloody years. Nor do you get any priority because you are on one!!

f*** plummett is right, you really don't think your shit smells, guess what it does. It comes through with comments like above and some of the other absolute shit I have read in this thread. Get some more years under ya belt and don't ever look down on someone not on a SB cause generally you find them above ya elitist heads.
cheesus dude. Teapot black call etc.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:18 am

stefaans wrote:coleman yeah and only most of the time. I believe because we are not all there to do the same thing. most of us are but not all. I am for everybody getting their share of fun. The riders that learned to follow the rotation learned that when its their turn they will get their wave to do whatever they want even if they mess it up at least its their wave to mess up. will get another chance.
Without the rotation there is always somebody in the way and nobody gets the wave and it goes to waste.
I believe the TT get in the way because they don't even see the rotation going on and just smash in there boosting or whatever(remember now you took a guys wave that has to go in the back of the line again) If they tried out the surfboard thing this is something they will most likely learn and sure can take it back to their TT and be fine out there with everybody else. The thing is i have never seen anybody go back to their TT so when you see one you know your day is going to be tough.
This is very true, and correct IMO.

In short - those out in waves on a TT, is most often "misplaced" and have no idea what is going on out there - and will destroy everything for most close to them :o

A simple fact taken out of experience.

Of course a very very few TT riders in waves ARE good waveriders, who understand how things work, in order to satisfy everyone and have/doing a rotation that works in respect for everybody :thumb:

It is just, sorry to say, extremely rare and hardly ever seen - so I understand why most assume that TT riders dont understand what is going on out there :o

Mostly it is correct, and in rare cases, it is not....

As a very small fraction of waveriders are on TT's - but sooooo rare to see, and in many places it does not exist.

So understandable why many get this "anger" over TT riders in the surf, messing everything up quite often (but NOT always as stated).

Agree 100%, that it is hardly ever seen that good waveboard riders go back to TT's (in fact I dont think it has EVER been seen, except for those who could not learn)

Nothing racist about this - just a fact that close to 100% of the times, the TT riders DONT know what is going on :roll:

It has got nothing to do with "elitist" segregation - just common respect for each other out there :D

8) Peter

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:16 am

Just give right away to those actually surfing the wave. Not a problem where we ride waves cause they are shit and few kiters or surfers. Just be respectful of those actually riding waves and no one will bitch.

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Indiana, Sailmon
Brand Affiliation: Indiana, Sailmon

Postby gmb13 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:54 am

Hi,

TT riders do not have the monopoly on not knowing what they are doing in the waves.

Surfboard riders are just as bad sometimes when it comes to snaking people waves and making a nuisance of themselves in the rotation.

Now that Wave riding is seeing a boom a lot of new riders are coming into the surf. This both a good and a bad thing. Most new guys are not old surfers and windsurfers and have no clues about the rules. There is nothing worse than having to bail out and getting destroyed by a wave, because you had to avoid a collision with someone who has just dropped in on you.

To me it does not matter what you ride as long as you ride in a considerate way and not ruin other riders sessions.

Learn how to behave in the waves before you go out into a packed wave spot.

--
Gunnar

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Has thanked: 0

Postby Westozzy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:19 pm

Funny now life has a way of contradicting your positions. Today, head high waves, onshore, 25 plus and some douchebag on a TT going back and forth right before the impact zone getting in the way of just about every wave I was riding in! Douchebag went in after I had to downloop near his head to stop a head high monster land on my own head, then a windsurfer came in and started to do the exact same thing!!

Karma....

Lol

rightguard
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby rightguard » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:05 pm

I have found that even if I follow the line up when in the waves, the SB riders still cut me off on my TT. I'll be riding down the wave trying to have fun when it's my turn and someone will come in and snake my wave. Pisses me off but I'll just go around and wait my turn again. Seems like after a while some will except my TT in the waves but some will contiuely cut me off.

Plus how can you complain about TT getting in the way. I see more people body dragging for thier strappless than for thier TT. One strappless rider can mess up two or three waves.

Rido
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lake Ray Hubbard
Levee Texas
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha
Style: Freeride
Gear: Dakine Fusion Seat Harness
2013 8m Ozone Catalyst
2013 11m Ozone Edge
2013 150 Mako
2013 165 Mako
Brand Affiliation: Ozone
Been thanked: 0

Postby Rido » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:26 pm

Westozzy wrote: But to say if you are on a SB you have priority, well that is bullshit.

I ride a mutant but sometimes I take out my SB strapless to change things up and most definelty when the waves are really good. But I have more fun in general on my mako, so that's what I choose to ride.
If you ride a mutant doesnt that mean you have priority for everything? :D

JS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JS » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:02 pm

Expecting all riders to respect protocol on busy waves is reasonable, and makes good sense.

Expecting all riders to ride a certain type, style, brand or colour is immature.

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m

Postby TomW » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:18 pm

JS wrote:Expecting all riders to respect protocol on busy waves is reasonable, and makes good sense.

Expecting all riders to ride a certain type, style, brand or colour is immature.

Period.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:27 pm

JS wrote:Expecting all riders to respect protocol on busy waves is reasonable, and makes good sense.

+1

Return to “Kitesurfing”