Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Elitist segregation in kite surfing.

Forum for kitesurfers
coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Elitist segregation in kite surfing.

Postby coleman » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:38 pm

obey the rules?????

that's why people get out there to ride waves, take down mountains, and do all the stuff people do in action sports. what rules?

"dont get in my way"....ok that's a rule, but it applies to almost any activity humans do.

"get off the waves with that twin tip you jackass"......not a rule

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards

Postby sijandy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:47 pm

plummet wrote:In truth I see it as one step shy of racism.
:lol:

Wheres Martin Luther King when you need him!

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:47 pm

surfboards have priority on the waves, twintips have priority on butter. would you take a frisbee to a basketball court and tell the guys there to move over, you want to shoot baskets. not sure why this is even an issue.

stefaans
Very Frequent Poster

Postby stefaans » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:48 pm

not sure what you guys are not getting. stay out of other riders way. if we all follow the rotation rules nobody get in anybody's way and everybody has a good time. If you don't like the rotation move outside the rotation area.

nobody in the way - GOOD TIME.
everybody in the way - BAD TIME.

TT'er in the way - ALWAYS! Why? Not following the rotation.

Any Question?

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:57 pm

stefaans,

i can't speak from experience so i dont have a frame of reference here in terms of the wave rotation and who has rights. but you are saying it is usually the tt riders who do not observe the rotation?

any ideas why?

tony montana
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works

Postby tony montana » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:59 pm

This is just a shit stirring topic,where i kite tt and wave riders share the bay never had a problem,and it mostly waves,TONY

CapatainJ
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Shoreham Beach, Lancing
Style: Freeride/wave
Gear: North Rebels, Mako 150

Postby CapatainJ » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:07 pm

stefaans wrote:not sure what you guys are not getting. stay out of other riders way. if we all follow the rotation rules nobody get in anybody's way and everybody has a good time. If you don't like the rotation move outside the rotation area.

nobody in the way - GOOD TIME.
everybody in the way - BAD TIME.

TT'er in the way - ALWAYS! Why? Not following the rotation.

Any Question?
I see what you are getting at, jumping the queue on a line up.

You came across saying that TTs should not be there period.

Fortunately in the uk where I kite there are just wind blown waves.

If was in a location with decent waves, well I'd either grab either a windsurf board or use a surfboard with my Wainmans.

However, this forum appeals to thousands of kitesurfer s around the world. You need to realise that your remarks if not put into their full context are offensive to many.

stefaans
Very Frequent Poster

Postby stefaans » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:17 pm

coleman yeah and only most of the time. I believe because we are not all there to do the same thing. most of us are but not all. I am for everybody getting their share of fun. The riders that learned to follow the rotation learned that when its their turn they will get their wave to do whatever they want even if they mess it up at least its their wave to mess up. will get another chance.
Without the rotation there is always somebody in the way and nobody gets the wave and it goes to waste.
I believe the TT get in the way because they don't even see the rotation going on and just smash in there boosting or whatever(remember now you took a guys wave that has to go in the back of the line again) If they tried out the surfboard thing this is something they will most likely learn and sure can take it back to their TT and be fine out there with everybody else. The thing is i have never seen anybody go back to their TT so when you see one you know your day is going to be tough.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:27 pm

wow stefaans, that's really racist. :lol:

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Postby frankm1960 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:31 pm

plummet wrote:This subject started in "What's the best twintip board for wave riding...?" thread.

"Nico wrote:
TT get no priority whatsoever in the waves at our home spot. You gotta use the right tools for the conditions.
Nico
It means that he has a huge lagoon where can have fun on with his twin tip and that on the peak in the waves he has absolutely no rights to priority rules. Simple."

In my mind there is absolutely no place for this thinking in the sport what so ever. There is no one group of riders, or type of board that can claim any section of water.

I have seen this in other sports I have done and its bullshit.

In truth I see it as one step shy of racism. I have more rights than you because the board I ride is not to dissimilar to having separate rights for skin colour.

There is only one time when I can see a need for segregation of board types/riding styles. That is during competition. In that instance,,, it is fair game.

PS Rant over. Sorry boys. But I do feel quite strongly about this topic.
"Elitist" "segregation" "racism" in a post on a kiteforum ?? I would have thought "bad attitude" would be strong enough words to describe the situation. I would leave those big words for people who need them... people who have real issues in the real world... actually not sure what color the sky is in your world now that I think about it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”