All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Elitist segregation in kite surfing.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:04 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Bille wrote:
Is THIS the Shit I'm gonna need to put up with, when I enter the ocean again?
REALLY ?? -----ever heard of a weatherbie ??

Bille
Weatherby

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:21 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Oldnbroken wrote:
Bille wrote:
Is THIS the Shit I'm gonna need to put up with, when I enter the ocean again?
REALLY ?? -----ever heard of a weatherbie ??

Bille
Weatherby

Yea -- this time i misspelled it with purpose ; was my way of saying
no-matter How Bad-ass Ya think you are, there's Always someone
Badder, & more Out there than You ...

& i Won't be F*cken with You there Mr Oldnbroken , now that i Know , that
your "In the Know" !!! :D

Bille

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:40 am 
Very Frequent Poster

On the other hand, there are always Applegate & Fairbairn. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:00 am 
Frequent Poster

Copying for the anothe rpost:

I think there's a misunderstanding about language, "no tt allowed" stays for "no kiter going up and down in the breaking zone" this is pretty much obvious where there are good and clear reef conditions. Everyone riding waves agree about this:

Nico wrote:
but the idea is simple, leave the wave riding area to the wave riders (wave boards).

but the core of this topic is that the "wave boards" could be not only surfboard but also mutant or tt like Mako or other stuff. the important is to respect the precedence and rules :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:07 am 
Frequent Poster

poldo wrote:
Nico wrote:
but the idea is simple, leave the wave riding area to the wave riders (wave boards).

but the core of this topic is that the "wave boards" could be not only surfboard but also mutant or tt like Mako or other stuff. the important is to respect the precedence and rules :wink:

Not a wave surfer myself - but I think the point is not about precedence.

[EDIT - since this is getting misread - the following is not my personal opinion, but how I read the SB's concerns]

It is about commitment to a limited resource.
If you just want to ass around because today it could be fun to try something different - don't.
Good waves are for those that are committed to enhance their skills in this area. If you can't be bothered to invest in a cheap old surfboard to test it out, you are not worthy.
Species like WestOzzy then get caught in the middle because they don't look the biz even if they are. However, I'd be surprised if local rules don't give special allowances to people displaying skill.

[EDIT: this is my opinion, from a TT riders pespective]

Do I agree - not necessarily - it would be nice to test out waves on TT just to see how it is before you go all in, but I also see how this can quickly spoil the wave surfing, also without fooling with no respect for lineups.

Last edited by icebird on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:41 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Species like me! I was on surfboards from 2000 to 2005, way before all you try hard elitist strapless wankers starting banging your own drum! I still get on a strapless board when conditions warrant it. Species like me you naive arrogant prick. I choose a mutant because it is way more fun and you can develop your wave riding skills no matter what board you are on. I know many guys who rip shit apart on their TTs in the waves much better than most the kooks I see on SBs.

Don't know about you brilliant sophisticated SB riders but I perfect my SB riding on a fucking surfboard without a kite! As I've done for 34 years!

Christ you should listen to your shit fair dinkum its like you've just discovered surfboard riding and you think it is the cutting edge of brilliance.

Its easier to ride a SB in waves than a TT much much easier, you are not doing anything brilliant, guys have been using SBs and kites for bloody years. Nor do you get any priority because you are on one!!

Fuck plummett is right, you really don't think your shit smells, guess what it does. It comes through with comments like above and some of the other absolute shit I have read in this thread. Get some more years under ya belt and don't ever look down on someone not on a SB cause generally you find them above ya elitist heads.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:52 pm 
Frequent Poster

Westozzy wrote:
Species like me you naive arrogant prick. I choose a mutant because it is way more fun and you can develop your wave riding skills no matter what board you are on.

You need to chill more - this was meant out of respect - kiters who choose to be on whatever and excell at that. As stated, I ride TT myself, so the rest of the rant - well ...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:02 pm 
Medium Poster

Everyone ends up on a surf board eventually.
Peace out

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:17 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Westozzy wrote:
its like you've just discovered surfboard riding and you think it is the cutting edge of brilliance.

:clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:07 pm 
Rare Poster

Westozzy wrote:
Species like me! I was on surfboards from 2000 to 2005, way before all you try hard elitist strapless wankers starting banging your own drum! I still get on a strapless board when conditions warrant it. Species like me you naive arrogant prick. I choose a mutant because it is way more fun and you can develop your wave riding skills no matter what board you are on. I know many guys who rip shit apart on their TTs in the waves much better than most the kooks I see on SBs.

Don't know about you brilliant sophisticated SB riders but I perfect my SB riding on a fucking surfboard without a kite! As I've done for 34 years!

Christ you should listen to your shit fair dinkum its like you've just discovered surfboard riding and you think it is the cutting edge of brilliance.

Its easier to ride a SB in waves than a TT much much easier, you are not doing anything brilliant, guys have been using SBs and kites for bloody years. Nor do you get any priority because you are on one!!

Fuck plummett is right, you really don't think your shit smells, guess what it does. It comes through with comments like above and some of the other absolute shit I have read in this thread. Get some more years under ya belt and don't ever look down on someone not on a SB cause generally you find them above ya elitist heads.

Wonderful use of the Queens language! I was chatting with a friend today after a nice session and its just mad how suddenly you can only be the bollocks if your riding a SB, I tried kitesurfing in 1998 on a 2 line Wipika and a F One SB, didn't gel back then! But I remember those who carried forward said it was the bollocks to ride a wakeboard instead. Again it all comes down to finding what works and simply enjoying, all this bull about one thing or another.

I think one of the issues with kitesurfing is that it's very easy to get to a level where you can find yourself in big waves with no idea. Anyway a comedy thread! LOL

[ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next