Medium Poster
Local Beach: none
Style: freeride
Gear: Slingshot Shinn
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: North nugget pad placement?

Postby letsgoflyakite » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:58 pm

The 2 guys who put me on to the Nugget last year both used 10's. Not for jumping with straps but for riding and slashing strapless. Everyone else was out on 12/13's. The nugget needs so little wind they used a size smaller than normal. I couldn't believe it until I had a ride on one. That was a good while ago but now got one at last. Small kites are nicer and way more efficient( to my mind anyway), so planing with a slashy board and smaller kite = fun for me. I will use tt in overpowered conditions though.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:28 pm

mv17kite wrote:Nugget riders what is your favorite kite size for riding the nugget?
19m2 Core Riot LW XR3.....not only favorite ....but essential if you want to ride the surf where i live

Lots of 7-10kn days

Actually i had 19 of those days last month and would have missed them all without my set-up

In summary 22 days late afternoon kitesurfing for August in Florida.....86% on that gear...

True riding insurance for me :wink:

tony montana
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works
Been thanked: 0

Postby tony montana » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:05 pm

letsgoflyakite wrote:The 2 guys who put me on to the Nugget last year both used 10's. Not for jumping with straps but for riding and slashing strapless. Everyone else was out on 12/13's. The nugget needs so little wind they used a size smaller than normal. I couldn't believe it until I had a ride on one. That was a good while ago but now got one at last. Small kites are nicer and way more efficient( to my mind anyway), so planing with a slashy board and smaller kite = fun for me. I will use tt in overpowered conditions though.
Ive had some great sessions on nugget with small kites 10 and 8 meter, TONY

Return to “Kitesurfing”